Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SlyAnimal

Thread: Lost Cup Match - Help appreciated

Rookie

Lost Cup Match - Help appreciated

I played my cup match yesterday afternoon, and lost 2:1, I also woke up early this morning to watch my gf's cup match, where she also lost 2:1.

Both were away games but the other player didn't watch, so +possession was +3%, and the teams were relatively equal.

My game:

Their team was running:

4 : 3N : 2(AMC,AMR) : 1 with their AMR being a beastly 7 star player. Their ST was injured 10' into the game and never replaced.

I was running:

3N : 1 : 4 : 1 : 1

With normal, own side, mixed normal and mixed being my options.

Although I dropped my ML back to DML to cover their AMR 2mins into the game. I also changed to hard/attacking around half way through the game once they were 2:1 up.

I lost 2:1 and have the home leg tomorrow evening, so want to ensure I have the best chance possible of winning. I need to win 1:0 or better, so I'm going to back myself, but it'll be a tall ask regardless.

My gf's team is in a similar situation:

Their team:

5:1:3N:0:1

Gf's team

3N:1:4:1:1

With I think all of the same passing options etc. Although after their first goal I changed the extra options to all be more aggressive (hard/full pitch/attacking) and changed the formation to 3:4:3. She ended up losing 2:1 and has the home leg to play tomorrow.

What formations should my gf and I run in the home legs? And do you think I made the right changes during the game?

Rookie
    ahh no replies.

Anywho, I just played the second leg of my match, and I pulled out all the stops soto speak. I used a tonne of green/blues to ensure everyone had 100% moral/condition + turned on the full player winning bonus then set my formation to 3N : 3W : 1 : 1 : 2 with attacking/through the middle/hard/own half/mixed/zonal. With red arrows on the strikers + AMC, and blue on 2x DC. Ended up winning 4:0 lol (It was also my home game this time).

So looks like my fear of getting knocked out was unjustified lol. Hopefully I can keep winning, as it's mostly lvl 3s + 4s in the comp (I'm lvl 2), so the prize money is really good (50% more than my gf's comp, which is mostly lvl 2s/3s (she's also lvl 2))

Anywho, my gf's game is tomorrow morning, that'll be another tough one, but also at home so will hopefully be a repeat of this game
    Mister Q likes this.