Thread: Conceding too much from corners!

Conceding too much from corners!

Hello guys,

Recently I`ve been very frustrated with my team as I am getting strange results and my players do not seem to do their job properly. It`s been exactly 15 days since the start of the new season and I am experiencing this problem for the first season ever. Currently I`ve drawn two matches and lost one today, due to conceding goals from corners. And that won`t be a surprise if I didn`t have two defenders with the Heading SA in my starting eleven defense. The most unusual circumstance is that in ALL cases I am conceding those goals either in the 89th or 90th minute!

At first I didn`t have defenders with the Heading ability in my team and I`ve seen here in the forum and during matches that usually they are undisputed winners when corners occur and in 90% of the cases they are the ones getting the ball away. I have a friend that is having such a defender, who is not only saving each corner from the opponent, but is one of his leading goalscorers due to heading the ball and putting it back in the net! All my defenders are decent for my level 4, the worst is 33 skill, the best one is 37 skill. And still I am losing points in a exceptionally painful way.

Should I accuse my tactics somehow, or the game engine for this and what are your recommendations on the matter?

I will appreciate any suggestions!

Thank you in advance!

I believe corners are just pure chance because I've conceded from corners against 2 star players.

You can't change tactics to prevent conceding from corners I'm afraid

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

I suppose there isn`t something that I could change in my tactics to significantly impact conceding from corners, but how will you explain having two defenders with the Heading SA and still letting 2 star players score?

Are you conceding headers from corners?
    How tall are your defenders vs opponents strikers?

My DC is 184 cm, my DR is 186. The amazing part is that the players that scored today against me were 186 and 177 tall. So I don`t know whether the height has significant relevance, although it`s logical. However, I am guessing when you have this type of special ability you are gonna be dominant in the air. That is what the ability provides you with.

The goal situations are mixed, sometimes I am receiving a goal from header, sometimes I suppose it comes from a shot (now sure how goals are scored exactly on the other way, but definitely not with a header).

OK.. That's why it's always good to have your DC with special ability of aerial defender. They usually are the ones that head out corner kicks.
    Just a thought. Good luck in the future.