Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Saransh Vatsa

Thread: 4-2(MC)-3W(AML/AMC/AMR-1 counter

4-2(MC)-3W(AML/AMC/AMR-1 counter

Hi

Any ideas and orders please to counter 4-2(MC)-3W(AML/AMC/AMR)-1 ?

Have looked throught the counter formation table that July posted and although the formation is mentioned , the counter has been left blank....so a difficult formation to counter i guess.

The team i am playing in a couple of days is slightly stronger than me (by 2 quality points) ,more so in the central attacking areas..

Thanks in advance
    Red FC-Level 24-Season 24
    Winners x 17 (2nd x 5 , 3rd x 1)
    Winners x 7 (2nd x 2 , 3rd x 4)
    Winners x 6 (2nd x 5 , 3rd x 3)
    TREBLE X 3

I will suggest 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond. Even 3W-1-3N-1-2 or 3W-1-4-0-2 or 4-1-4-1 shall work. Or the ultra defensive 3W-3W(DML/C/R)- 2(MC)-0-2 shall work. There re a few options logically, have no proof result to support them. Basically, there is no DMC so it will be good to put an AMC. Don't use winger upfront o put all pressure on the 2 DCs. Wing defence is necessry against his AML/AMR so either DL and DR or DML n DMR. And DMC for his AMC.
    I will say Narrow Diamond , 4-1-4-1 or 3W-1-3N-1-2

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    I will suggest 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond. Even 3W-1-3N-1-2 or 3W-1-4-0-2 or 4-1-4-1 shall work. Or the ultra defensive 3W-3W(DML/C/R)- 2(MC)-0-2 shall work. There re a few options logically, have no proof result to support them. Basically, there is no DMC so it will be good to put an AMC. Don't use winger upfront o put all pressure on the 2 DCs. Wing defence is necessry against his AML/AMR so either DL and DR or DML n DMR. And DMC for his AMC.
    I will say Narrow Diamond , 4-1-4-1 or 3W-1-3N-1-2
    Thanks for that.....much appreciated....what do you think on orders....gonna do the narrow diamond.....as i said he is about 2 quality points better than me....but i am at home ....so should get about +7% poccession....it is the first leg of cl 1/4 final
    TREBLE X 3

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Baron View Post
    Thanks for that.....much appreciated....what do you think on orders....gonna do the narrow diamond.....as i said he is about 2 quality points better than me....but i am at home ....so should get about +7% poccession....it is the first leg of cl 1/4 final
    With narrow diamond..... Since he is stronger, GI with defensive with yes to counter Attacks, no to offside trap. Through the middle, short passing( for possession), zonal marking, press whole pitch since u r defensive, if u score the first goal, switch to own half. Red arrow on AMC, DL and DR. Blue on DCs and DMC.
    All the best and post the result. According to result, we can PM JF to make the changes in the table.
    The Red Baron likes this.

With narrow diamond..... Since he is stronger, GI with defensive with yes to counter Attacks, no to offside trap. Through the middle, short passing( for possession), zonal marking, press whole pitch since u r defensive, if u score the first goal, switch to own half. Red arrow on AMC, DL and DR. Blue on DCs and DMC.
    All the best and post the result. According to result, we can PM JF to make the changes in the table.
    will do......thanks for all your efforts and time.....i play at 9pm gmt tomorrow evening
    TREBLE X 3

Played game.....started with narrow diamond....which to be honest i got frustrated with.....little pocesssion and by half time he went 1-0 up.....i was at home and had the full 15% pocession.His amr scored ....so i assume he was attacking my weaker flanks.

In second half i decided to change tactics and played 3N-3W(dml/dmc/dmr)-1(mc)-2W(aml/amr)-1. I used this with mixed passing down the flanks,attacking mentality,counter on,hard tackling and zonal marking. My aml pulled me a goal back and we also missed a penalty.....it was also noticable how little pocession he had.......it ended 1-1 though.

Play 2nd leg tomorrow.....trying to work out whats best to do now.....stay with my 2nd half formation from first leg ? What do you think ?
    TREBLE X 3