Thread: How to counter 5-1-2-2 wide

Lightbulb How to counter 5-1-2-2 wide

Hi,
    I have a competition with this defensive formation user in next 5 hours, please help me in countering it. One point to note his quality is better than mine (25 and his 26.4) just let me know any better solution I am currently using 4-5-1 V.

How to counter 5-1-2-2 wide-formation.jpg

Regards
    Last edited by nisar.sidiqui; 11-08-2013 at 04:14 AM. Reason: picture position

I think 4-5-1 V might work. My analysis is your opponent relies on counter attack strategy so having 4 defenders and 1 DMC might be able to block his wingers and 2 strikers. Middle area would be really easy to dominate since he use no MC. However, your lone striker and 2 wingers might be a little bit struggling to score because your opponent's defense is really crowded. But the strategy worth to try.

If I were you I would take out one of my MC and add and extra striker with good heading skill and tall. So I would use something like 4-1-3W-2 with up arrow for the winger. down both flank, mixed passing and normal mentality. By using MR/ML instead of AMR/AML I can provide extra cover when the opponent try to counter from the flank.

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I think 4-5-1 V might work. My analysis is your opponent relies on counter attack strategy so having 4 defenders and 1 DMC might be able to block his wingers and 2 strikers. Middle area would be really easy to dominate since he use no MC. However, your lone striker and 2 wingers might be a little bit struggling to score because your opponent's defense is really crowded. But the strategy worth to try.

If I were you I would take out one of my MC and add and extra striker with good heading skill and tall. So I would use something like 4-1-3W-2 with up arrow for the winger. down both flank, mixed passing and normal mentality. By using MR/ML instead of AMR/AML I can provide extra cover when the opponent try to counter from the flank.
    so you are trying to say i use some thing like

------St---St------
    -------------------
    Ml------Mc-----Mr
    -------DMC------
    Dl---DC---DC---Dr

with Ml and Mr up arrows..
    Last edited by nisar.sidiqui; 11-08-2013 at 06:12 AM.

I think 4-5-1 will good of you
    Du học Đài Loan vừa học vừa làm - Tư vấn Du học Đài Loan chi phí thấp, vừa học vừa làm, hỗ trợ việc làm thêm thu nhập hấp dẫn.

Quote Originally Posted by nisar.sidiqui View Post
    so you are trying to say i use some thing like

------St---St------
    -------------------
    Ml------Mc-----Mr
    -------DMC------
    Dl---DC---DC---Dr

with Ml and Mr up arrows..
    Yup that's what I would do. But your 4-5-1 V might work too. Because essentially the flank area would not be as crowded as the center area.

What about 3N-2W-2N-1-2?????? Not sure but it should work......