Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By TypTex
  • 1 Post By Onky Putra
  • 1 Post By Tiago Alexandre Cruz
  • 1 Post By Tiago Alexandre Cruz

Thread: Little bit help on newbie

Little bit help on newbie

Hi everyone..tldr; I play football alot in real life but never play any football manager game before.

I wondering whats wrong with my team and formation/order below. Recently I lost to lower quality team and this is 2nd time I being knock out from champion league. I win 3-2 on home game few days ago and lost 1-0 yesterday at quarter final. Last season I was on semi final game and got knock out after draw 0-0 at away and draw again 1-1 at home. Away goal rule suck

So the question..whats wrong with the team. I read alot guides because I want to learn how to play football manager but still im doing mistake. Any guide really appreciated.

Dreamer
    hi welcome to the forum

Firstly ... I don't play football or play other management games (you need 48 hrs in a day to play some of them properly), and I haven't been playing this game very long ... so please feel free to ignore whatever else I say
    but
    imo

You've got all your defensive players pressing backwards and all your attacking players pressing forwards ... it's leaving a big gap in the centre of midfield and that must be costing you procession and the ability of your team to create chances.

Next .. you're focusing your passing through the middle, but pressing forward with a ML and MR, you need to bring these two players into the game more .. mixed passing at least.

Next .. and this is just my personal view ... but I don't like a dmc mc amc line in the middle, I personally feel that two mc's and either an amc or a dmc is a better option... but everyone sets their own teams up differently, their are no rights or wrongs on that.

Finally tell your players to get stuck in more .. easy tackles in a league/cup game . nope .. not for me .. get your players tackling normally ... makes no difference to the amount of injuries you get.

Just really experiment and find what works best for you, and then build on any successful tactics you find, and adapt when and if they go wrong . But above all have fun with it all.

Just my thoughts

That awesome advice..never though of the mistake pushing through mid via ml and mr. Silly mistake >.< Thanks alot!

Any more advice for me?

I have match with league leading club this evening and I a little bit worried because 2 of my main player suspended after reaching yellow card limits. We draw on our 1st met at his stadium and today our match at my stadium. Sigh..

Any advise >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad Raimi View Post
    Hi everyone..tldr; I play football alot in real life but never play any football manager game before.

I wondering whats wrong with my team and formation/order below. Recently I lost to lower quality team and this is 2nd time I being knock out from champion league. I win 3-2 on home game few days ago and lost 1-0 yesterday at quarter final. Last season I was on semi final game and got knock out after draw 0-0 at away and draw again 1-1 at home. Away goal rule suck

So the question..whats wrong with the team. I read alot guides because I want to learn how to play football manager but still im doing mistake. Any guide really appreciated.

So that you can win in a game that needs to be done is:

1. You must be see the formation of the opponent, and change your formation in order to defeat it ..
    2. A must see the condition of your players. morale and stamina whether good or bad.
    3. Do the the purchase of players
    4. Playing with a happy and honest

The Makes You Win in The Game Instead of a Star Player, But All The Power of Teamwork

you have to analysis competitor , tactical scheme of rivals again.
    Du học Đài Loan vừa học vừa làm - Tư vấn Du học Đài Loan chi phí thấp, vừa học vừa làm, hỗ trợ việc làm thêm thu nhập hấp dẫn.

One more thing I've learnt on the forum and have had success with it you're playing attacking mentality but still asking your players to counter ? Counter attack means you let the other team attack so you hit them on the counter so maybe it would work better with normal mentality also pressing whole pitch works better with offside trap and pressing own half works better with counter
    I usually play normal mentality pressing whole pitch cause then you make less mistakes than playing attacking mentality since pressing whole pitch is already risky by pressing everywhere on the field more chances for the other team to counter and you're being out of position just an opinion good luck
    Cat Harrison likes this.

And also I think to many arrows try balance the team maybe like TypTex said
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad Raimi View Post

Let me help, few guys who know everything will certanly tell you exactely what you have to do. I wont. I will be short.

1. there is a guide on this forum site which is good.
    2. at the forum there is a table of formation, until you learn, follow it
    3. your actual team is overtrained (I see you have few injured players)
    4. your tactics are BAD

Why dont you think with your head? Many players here would have better results only if they think.
    Look at your team tactics. You play Dandelion formation through the middle? This should be played over wings. You even made them motivated with red arrows but you want your team play through the middle. Attacking style leaves your oponents a lot of space, start with normal. Pressing style whole pitch is tiring your players and it is wrong. Go for own side. Tackling style easy is for pussies. This is not ballet. Go for normal. No counterattacks with AM and only 3 in back row, doesnt go together. So everything is wrong.

For the start read few times this guide and THINK!!!

Good luck.
    Last edited by Rev Dino; 12-05-2013 at 01:19 PM.
    Small dick guys area in red, blue and green.
    I did that, I won that...blah-blah-blah...

Oh wow I feel that I dont really suitable to play this kind of games lol..too many mistake and Im not very sure what Im doing with the team. Sigh >.<
    I give a try for 1 more season..while waiting for new season..I will jot down every guide available in this forum.

FYI, I suffer another defeat at champion league semi final with lower quality team 2-0. Knockout from CL. Perhaps they using better tactic than mine

Ignore the injury players..they injured since previous game and haven't fully heal yet. None of them injured from training. Their condition about 90% before start ( my team have league match 1 hour before CL match) and superb morale condition.