Thread: Having real difficulty with 3n-1-4-2/3n-1-3w-3

Having real difficulty with 3n-1-4-2/3n-1-3w-3

Hi Everyone,

I am struggling to find the key to defeating someone with a 3n-1-4-2 who can easily change his formation to 3n-1-3w-3. He beat me in a champions league final and now he is in my league. I am actually about 6 points better than him in team quality.

He seems to be able to get a serious amount of shots in with this formation which I cant understand if I have more midfielders. When I played him originally I tried a 3n-1-5-1 and it backfired big time. I was left completely baffled how he was getting so many shots on me.

Here are his stats, squad and formation from his last match where it actually changed it too 3n-1-3w-3 half way through.
    Having real difficulty with 3n-1-4-2/3n-1-3w-3-screen-shot-2013-12-23-12.07.23.jpgHaving real difficulty with 3n-1-4-2/3n-1-3w-3-screen-shot-2013-12-23-12.07.31.jpgHaving real difficulty with 3n-1-4-2/3n-1-3w-3-screen-shot-2013-12-23-12.21.23.jpg

Here is the team and the formation I am thinking of using. I am thinking normal, through the middle, mixed passing, no counter, no offside.
    Having real difficulty with 3n-1-4-2/3n-1-3w-3-screen-shot-2013-12-23-12.14.51.jpg

What do you think as I am completely unsure what to do?

Shak

I imagine he has put red arrows on all 4 of his mc's and they are playing in front of your defence getting shots off and playing off the 2 strikers or putting them though on goal. If this is the case then try using 2 dm's sitting in front of a wide back 3.

DR--DC--DL (blue arrows)
    DM--DM (no arrows)

How you play up top is up to you... either 1CM-2AM(L&R)-2, you have a stronger team so this should suffice or to be stronger in the midfield use 2CM-2AM(L&R)-1. Red arrows on CM if you want to attack harder. Red arrows on AM's optional. Idea is to counter down the flanks.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by subrosa View Post
    I imagine he has put red arrows on all 4 of his mc's and they are playing in front of your defence getting shots off and playing off the 2 strikers or putting them though on goal. If this is the case then try using 2 dm's sitting in front of a wide back 3.

DR--DC--DL (blue arrows)
    DM--DM (no arrows)

How you play up top is up to you... either 1CM-2AM(L&R)-2, you have a stronger team so this should suffice or to be stronger in the midfield use 2CM-2AM(L&R)-1. Red arrows on CM if you want to attack harder. Red arrows on AM's optional. Idea is to counter down the flanks.

Good luck!
    What orders should I us?

Sorry for the late reply, have you played the game already?

Main orders would be counter attacking down both flanks. I'd go normal mentality, whole pitch pressing, Zonal marking, passing short or mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by subrosa View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, have you played the game already?

Main orders would be counter attacking down both flanks. I'd go normal mentality, whole pitch pressing, Zonal marking, passing short or mixed.
    The more I think about it the more too radical I think I think your strategy is :/. Has this worked for you? The game is tomorrow morning by the way.

I dont use it all the time, only against a team with lots of AM's and when i need extra cover to def. Check my post in the counter formation thread - that was a slight variation up top but defence strategy is the same.