Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3n-2w-3n-0-2

3n-2w-3n-0-2

This formation make me sick.

I played with a 4-4-2 classic as advised in this thread : http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...-what-use.html

... for a draw 2-2. Nevertheless, my team is overwhelmingly better than hers (25.3 vs 17).

I need to win the second leg abroad to qualify. Any suggestion ?

I use 4-5-1 v. I find that formation the best.
    Eagles F.C

Level 1 - LEAGUE WINNERS & CUP WINNERS
    Level 2 - League Runner Up.

Thank you for your experience of 11 days lol.

I was thinking about a 3-4-3 flat but maybe I'm wrong. Other ideas ? Master tactician ?
    Last edited by shamanik; 05-16-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Who suggested 4-4-2? It could only work if you were attacking down both flanks with your wingers and fullbacks.

The 3n-3w-3n-2 as you call it, is actually a 5-3-2.

Very strong central defense and fairly strong offense with the 2Sts.

The main disadvantage of this formation is the lack of power in midfield and the lack of attacking wingers.

Therefore, try to win possession at midfield (up to 6 players; 5 flat+ DMC/AMC or 4 flat + dmc/amc or 3 flat AML/AMR) and attack down both flanks. You must attack on the wings since the centre of his defense will be crowded.

I would probably go with 4-3-2W-1 with a blue arrow on central MC or, anything with the same philosophy (A butterfly would be fairly good as well). it depends on your players. If you have strong fullbacks play with 4 backs, if not, 3 DCs.
    You can go again 4-4-2 but make sure you have the ball possession and that you attack down both flanks.
    If he has a strong MC you may want to play with a DMC to a 3-5-2.
    The most important is to pack the midfield and attack strongly down both flanks.

Of course own half pressing, and no actual point to counterattack. Consider offside trap if you have attacking mentality. It's worth if you play with 3 DCs or 4 with red fullbacks against him.
    Last edited by Master Tactician; 05-16-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: extra ditails
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tactician View Post
    Who suggested 4-4-2? It could only work if you were attacking down both flanks with your wingers and fullbacks.
    I did

The 3n-2w-3n-2 as you call it, is actually a 5-3-2.

Very strong central defense and fairly strong offense with the 2Sts.

The main disadvantage of this formation is the lack of power in midfield and the lack of attacking wingers.

Therefore, try to win possession at midfield (up to 6 players; 5 flat+ DMC/AMC or 4 flat + dmc/amc or 3 flat AML/AMR) and attack down both flanks. You must attack on the wings since the centre of his defense will be crowded.

I would probably go with 4-3-2W-1 with a blue arrow on central MC or, anything with the same philosophy (A butterfly would be fairly good as well). it depends on your players. If you have strong fullbacks play with 4 backs, if not, 3 DCs.
    You can go again 4-4-2 but make sure you have the ball possession and that you attack down both flanks.
    If he has a strong MC you may want to play with a DMC to a 3-5-2.
    The most important is to pack the midfield and attack strongly down both flanks.
    I started the match with a 3-5-2 with and AMC and red arrows on ML/MR. Attacking down both flanks. Then, at 1-1, I changed for a motivated 4-4-2.

Of course own half pressing, and no actual point to counterattack. Consider offside trap if you have attacking mentality.
    I had a strong possession but I made the mistake of a whole pitch pressing and counter attack. I will go for an offensive mentality. How about tackles ?

It's worth if you play with 3 DCs or 4 with red fullbacks against him.
    Do you mean all the defense with red arrows ?

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by shamanik; 05-16-2013 at 08:10 PM.

You don't need whole pitch pressing. He has 50% of his team always back so, there's no reason to press at his own half. That way you create space for him to attack. Own half only. The same with counterattack. I don't think it's worth against such a defensive formation.

Since you're stronger and you control the match, I think you don't need hard tackling.

No, your central DCs should not have red arrows. Your fullback though (DL/DR) may have red arrows to add depth at attacking both flanks (put red only if they are really good).
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful

So I hesitate between 4-3N-2W-1 and 3-5-2 V Style. My whole team is stronger than hers.

What do you suggest for the marking ?
    Last edited by shamanik; 05-16-2013 at 08:17 PM.

I go zonal 99%

Quote Originally Posted by shamanik View Post
    This formation make me sick.

I played with a 4-4-2 classic as advised in this thread : http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...-what-use.html

... for a draw 2-2. Nevertheless, my team is overwhelmingly better than hers (25.3 vs 17).

I need to win the second leg abroad to qualify. Any suggestion ?
    There are many other things u should keep an eye to: condition of your players (they are tired -> play less good), morale (keep all with highest morale), indications (aka red/blue arrows), counter attacking or not, attacking on wings, center or mixed, hard tackling or normal or easy, financial motivation of your players, no. of spectators which increases your possession bonus etc.

This game is more than just formations, isn't like rock, paper, scissors.
    To achieve high performances and win titles you need to take care of every aspect of the game. Don't blame the ppl that tells u X formation counter Y formation, cause in their case it did.

Per aspera ad astra...

he don't have wingers, so you can use 3N-1-4-1-2
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast