• 1 Post By Keith Bok
  • 1 Post By meis
  • 1 Post By Saransh Vatsa
  • 2 Post By Saransh Vatsa

Thread: How does the blue arrows on the defender work? What does it do

How does the blue arrows on the defender work? What does it do

Please help me explain how this arrows work
    DaniloDara likes this.

No one knows about it, unfortunately. For me, the arrow thing is about the "tendency" of going up (red) or down (blue), my 2c. As for your question (if I understood it correctly), with blue arrow on the 3 CBs, they'll stay put on their line, marking the opponents, and not making silly forward runs. Again, my 2c.

Try having all your defenders and midfielders blued (is that a word? lol), and see for your yourself.
    Last edited by meis; 12-30-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    DaniloDara likes this.

We will explain it to u when we ourselves get to know what they stand for. Nordeus thinks we are all Sherlock Holmes and it lets us figure it ourselves

There are many assumption. I and many other feel that the arrows show the mentality of that player as an individual. Blue will be defending and red will be attacking. Some feel that a blue arrowed player will move half a block back like an MC will become half DMC half MC and the red arrow player will move half block ahead. Some believe that the player with blue arrow moves back when his team does not have the possession of the ball and when it has, it remains in his position and red arrowed moves ahead when his team has the possession of the ball and stays in his position when it does not.
    It can be either of these or something else. Or maybe they are ornamental and do nothing.... U decide
    Nordeus will never tell us
    DaniloDara likes this.

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Oh ya, and it is seem that a blue arrowed DC gets the ball more often in Counter attacks and scores more than a red arrowed Dc!!!!!! Now how weird is that!!!!
    Cat Harrison and DaniloDara like this.

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

No work

I personally tried to do some good statistics with that.
    Unfortunately I got bored before getting enough data.
    But I'd rather claim that
    - I see no relevant difference on the players' attitude due to the red and blue arrows
    - there is a meaningful plausibility that the arrows increase the tiredness the player collects with the match

Maybe I'll investigate further. This is to be managed as a "black box" problem.
    Last edited by DaniloDara; 01-01-2014 at 10:37 AM. Reason: more consistent term used