Thread: Formation advise needed based on squad

Rookie

Formation advise needed based on squad

Hi

I am level 5 and in a tough league. I have been trying few formations but I do not think I am getting the best out of my players.

I want advise on choosing a formation based on the players I have and the quality. Ignore the injured player.

I have sorted the players by quality (highest 44 and lowest 38)

So if this squad was yours what would you do (Formation/tactics)

Formation advise needed based on squad-advise.jpg

Thanks in advance

I'm lvl 5 using quite similar players. My team avg is 41 and I'm yet unbeaten in this season (few times I've been a bit lucky...).

4-4-2 normal/attacking, mixed passing, both flanks, normal tackling, up arrows wings, sometimes side backs and strikers
    4-4-1-1 normal, mixed passing, mixed/centre, normal tacking, up usually LM/RM and striker

hope this helps

Rookie
    Thanks - Can you clarify the "sometimes side backs and strikers"
    Also any preference on orders when Home or away and when opponent is far better than you?

Lately I've used red on strikers always any formation. However, not sure if it makes any difference. Side backs only when I'm much stronger or need goals / gain more possession. Also, I use attacking mentality only sometimes when I'm stronger or need goals, otherwise it's normal and works fine. I don't know whats the best formation, but classic 4-4-2 is great. Although, I like playing 4-4-1-1 too and it seems to be very good formation for me. I've used 3-4-1-2 (cb,cb,cb lm, cm, cm, rm, amc, st,st) few times, but it didn't feel as good, so I prefer using 4 defenders just in case.

Both of 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 are quite similar and well balanced formations. I usually look how my opponent plays and choose which I think is better. Always red arrows on st, lm and rm.
    Last edited by cursed; 01-27-2014 at 02:52 PM.