Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Can someone explain this?

Can someone explain this?

Played against a team who defended with only 3 DC (narrow) and 1 DMC.

I played initially with 4-5-1 V style attacking on both flanks. The Halt-time result was 0-0.

At half-time i switched to 4-4-2 narrow diamond and attacking through middle and won the game 4-0 and created 2 times more chances than first half. (3 of the goals were scored on corners (?))

I found this very strange because logically it would be easier to get through on the flanks were there is no defenders. I almost created nothing with my wing players. Why?
    littledude072 likes this.

expect the unexpected here
    i also tried it with my teams, but with LB 1 CB RB, 3 CMs, 1 CAM and 3 CFs. my LB was the weakest so i tried attack from the right. funny part was it ended in a draw. i had more possession when set to mixed. my main was lvl5 and my 2nd was lvl 3
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

You didnt say wht his formation was?

3-1-4-2? Most likely your wingers sucked and his DMC did a lot of blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post

3-1-4-1-1

Thats exactly my question. I am attacking on the flanks and his DMC should not be there.

i agree with you, i think your wingers is not effective than your amc.. i think that's the point why you can win when you change your formation with 4-4-2 ND
    Good Old Arsenal

''VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT''
    If You Can't Win The Game, Don't Lose The Game

I dont know what you mean with "not effective" but my winger is also the same player as my AMC, i just moved him to the center and substituted the other one with a striker.

The DMC will block shots from the wingers, after all, the shots are aimed at the centre where the DMC is naturally is.

Like I implied, it COULD be that you had ineffective wingers who didn't really do any damage to the DR/L AND his DMC was blocking not only shots from the wings but also making tackles in the middle.

Once you moved your winger to the middle as an AMC, one v one with the DMC, he might have had more luck going past the fella. Whoever he was up against prior to that on the flanks did a pretty good job keeping him quiet.

We can only assume tht's wht happened. Take a look at the final rating and you can rough get an idea on what happened.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Pro
    The DMC will block shots from the wingers, after all, the shots are aimed at the centre where the DMC is naturally is.

Like I implied, it COULD be that you had ineffective wingers who didn't really do any damage to the DR/L AND his DMC was blocking not only shots from the wings but also making tackles in the middle.

Once you moved your winger to the middle as an AMC, one v one with the DMC, he might have had more luck going past the fella. Whoever he was up against prior to that on the flanks did a pretty good job keeping him quiet.

We can only assume tht's wht happened. Take a look at the final rating and you can rough get an idea on what happened.
    .????

There is no dr/l

Quote Originally Posted by DiZZee View Post
    .????

There is no dr/l
    this is the point we were trying to make. bulle is playing with wingers, opponent doesnt have SBs, how can bulles wingers be ineffective?
    as ive stated before CDMs are overpowered. i still remember a CL game against an opponent with an average of 2 stars, except for 2 CDMs, and i had an average of 5 stars, except for my SBs. their CDMs completely nullified my wingers and 2 CFs. not once have i heard anything about their backline, every in game commentary about them is about how their CDMs are amazing and like to shoot from distance, they scored 3 times against my 5 star keeper
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast