Thread: Confused with formation...

Confused with formation...

Yesterday played 4-3n-2w-1 against a lower rating 4-3-3 team but lost 0-2. higher possesion (absence of opponent) but less shots.

Today played 4-3-3 against a higher rating 4-3n-2w-1 team and lost 0-2 again. higher possesion (home) and still less shots.

+/- 2 points rating difference with the two teams.

What's wrong with my formation then?

Have you checked the player ratings? Who underperformed in both matches?

Did you set normal or attacking?

Also look at the first 11 rating not the squad rating. That's a better indication of who is stronger.

4-3-3 is a counterattacking formation. My guess is they got you on the counterattack.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Thank you, Yaasi. You are probabily right that I was countered. Both are home matches so I played attacking. The MC's played the worst. One MC had 5 in both matches and the other two had 6.

The first 11 ratings are average, also +/-2 different from mine.

That looks a clearer picture of what happened. His MCs outplayed yours which left your DCs exposed (I'm sure your DC had 7-8 rating). If your MCs continue to fail you then you need to invest in better MCs. I do believe MCs makes a lot of difference in a win or loss. The bulk of my club's money have gone to good MC & wideplayers (the most expensive players in my squad). Another friend of mine has an average looking team but has one good MC & a superb AML.

Also when up against a 4-3-3 or any other counter attacking formation, best to play Normal or Defensive without counterattacks.

Good luck!
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

You are absolutely right. My DC's performed very well (both 8). I think I will look for better MC's.