Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What are the best tactics to use Narrow Diamond?

What are the best tactics to use Narrow Diamond?

I have used narrow Diamond a lot of times, but with mixed results.
    I beat some weaker teams, but as soon as another team has the same Narrow diamond formation or another formation with stronger players, I ALWAYS LOOSE. I ran into some teams that use this formation the whole season against any foramtion and always win. If used properly Narrow Diamond is UNBEATABLE.
    My question is: What is the best way to use Narrow diamond. What should the arrows and orders be.
    If someone can chime in, i would appreciate the input. THANKS.
    Aparício likes this.

i dont have problems vs narrow diamond with 3-5-2 V

4-5-1 V also works...Strong DMC is good to have in this one

Sent from my GT-I8350 using Tapatalk

Dudes - seriously! The guys is asking for tactics to use with the Narrow Diamond - HE WANTS TO PLAY IT!

Stop telling him all the ways he could get his butt kicked!

Quote Originally Posted by rdsouza View Post
    Dudes - seriously! The guys is asking for tactics to use with the Narrow Diamond - HE WANTS TO PLAY IT!

Stop telling him all the ways he could get his butt kicked!
    THANK YOU!!
    You are absolutely right, I was asking all the NARROW DIAMOND users for tactics to use with this formation because I wanna use it myself with best results.
    Last edited by Samti Hueplet; 02-11-2014 at 02:27 PM.

when I use the narrow Diamond, I often play normal mentality with mixed passing / mixed, no counter, no offside and normal tackling.
    I play with red arrow on the AMC and a blue arrow ont he DMC

Maybe this helps a little bit

its depends what opponent you get

normal or defensive mentality. Normal if your opponent is worse and defensive if your opponent is better.
    Pressing own half, passing down the middle, mixed passing, normal tackling, zonal marking and play counter attack. (if there is no AM-opponent)

This is my suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Samti Hueplet View Post
    I have used narrow Diamond a lot of times, but with mixed results.
    I beat some weaker teams, but as soon as another team has the same Narrow diamond formation or another formation with stronger players, I ALWAYS LOOSE. I ran into some teams that use this formation the whole season against any foramtion and always win. If used properly Narrow Diamond is UNBEATABLE.
    My question is: What is the best way to use Narrow diamond. What should the arrows and orders be.
    If someone can chime in, i would appreciate the input. THANKS.
    I have played narrow diamond from season 1 through to 12. In seasons 1 till 10 I won the league comfortably every season without being miles ahead of the rest (I was always the best avg rated team though). Last season I was 8 skill points better than the next best team in my league but only just won the league
    W17 D6 L3. The ratings of my players were all good except my DMC and MC positions who seemed to get 4,5 and 6 ratings week in week out, no matter how much I rested rotated or swapped position for these players they just didn't perform.

This season seems to be going the same way my squad is clearly the best in the league but is starting to drop points.

Either the game engine has changed or the new players I have brought in don't suit the formation. I decided to bite the bullet and replace my DMC's and MC's to see if this makes a difference. I will post back with the results.

I have noticed other teams I am friends with who have played the ND long term seem to be struggling in the same way also so I suspect it is more to do with the game engine than the formation.

My tactics have always been;
    Mentality - Attacking
    Passing - Through middle
    Pressing - Whole pitch
    Tackling - normal
    Passing - mixed/short
    Marking - zonal
    No counter
    No offside

Recently while experimenting I have found the same tactics with defensive mentality and force counter have brought me much better results and a lot more goals.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadwellTown View Post
    I have played narrow diamond from season 1 through to 12. In seasons 1 till 10 I won the league comfortably every season without being miles ahead of the rest (I was always the best avg rated team though). Last season I was 8 skill points better than the next best team in my league but only just won the league
    W17 D6 L3. The ratings of my players were all good except my DMC and MC positions who seemed to get 4,5 and 6 ratings week in week out, no matter how much I rested rotated or swapped position for these players they just didn't perform.

This season seems to be going the same way my squad is clearly the best in the league but is starting to drop points.

Either the game engine has changed or the new players I have brought in don't suit the formation. I decided to bite the bullet and replace my DMC's and MC's to see if this makes a difference. I will post back with the results.

I have noticed other teams I am friends with who have played the ND long term seem to be struggling in the same way also so I suspect it is more to do with the game engine than the formation.

My tactics have always been;
    Mentality - Attacking
    Passing - Through middle
    Pressing - Whole pitch
    Tackling - normal
    Passing - mixed/short
    Marking - zonal
    No counter
    No offside

Recently while experimenting I have found the same tactics with defensive mentality and force counter have brought me much better results and a lot more goals.
    Do you put the red or blue arrow to the players?

Quote Originally Posted by Shield View Post
    Do you put the red or blue arrow to the players?
    Blue on DC's, red on AMC.

I have tinkered about with various different arrows and orders but it never seems to change things much.
    I have noticed the AMC scores half of my total goals per season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast