Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sg1phileshipper

Thread: A stronger 4-4-2 hammered

A stronger 4-4-2 hammered

Hi all

Although I've been on this forum for a week or two, this is my first post. Mainly, because I'm a little shy :-) But I'd thought I'd share something with you. I'm level 4 and played a return cup match away against a stronger 4-4-2 team, level 5. I had lost 1-2 at home using 4-1-2-1-2 ND (I always play this) and looked for tips over here. I stumbled across this post http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...ns-choose.html and even more, gohannie's post for tactics.
    I used 3N-4-1-2 and as suggested by gohannie, since I had nothing to lose, went for attacking, mixed focus, short passing, whole pitch, but left offside trap off. As per suggested, blue arrow on middle DC and red on ML/MR/AMC. And it worked! When score was 0-2, went to play 5-4-2 defensive. Before my subs came in for that tactic score was already 0-3. Hammered another goal on him with defensive tactic and won 0-4.
    So thank you for suggesting 3N-4-1-2 against 4-4-2 and thank you gohannie for posting those orders. Maybe some of you might need this in the future.
    Going back into lurker mode, unless a tactic works really well.....
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Apprentice
    Dont thanks me, cos game engined changed and the result has turned weird recently, It aint safe anymore to play with just 3 Defs.... I assumed that the best formation for Top 11 is any kinda formation with 2 STs, 4 Defs, the rest can be motivated........

Quote Originally Posted by gohannie View Post
    Dont thanks me, cos game engined changed and the result has turned weird recently, It aint safe anymore to play with just 3 Defs.... I assumed that the best formation for Top 11 is any kinda formation with 2 STs, 4 Defs, the rest can be motivated........
    Oops... Guess I got or really lucky..... Or not. Still, it worked and I'm still happy about it.... But I'll keep those no 3 defenders in mind. :-)