Thread: 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2?

3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2?

Hey guys!
    I'm fairly new to the game and on level 2.
    I currently have a 22.6 average team and it's going quite well.
    I prefer playing offensive and use a 3-4-3 formation with 3 DCs, 2 MCs, 1 ML and MR respectively and 3 STs. Team mentality is offensive (sometimes I change it too very offensive during the game, but that's rare), attack over both flanks, press on the whole field (if the condition allows it), normal tackling (change to hard if needed), short passing and zone defense.
    It works quite well with a fluid fast-paced aggressive play through the midfield and steady aggression by the 3 STs and results in a lot of goals. The defense isn't that bad either because the 4 midfielders can always help out.

I'm not planning on changing it for most of the season, but I am considering 3-4-1-2, substituting an ST for an AMC. My thought behind it would be that the short passing would be even more effective and fluid with 5 midfielders. The flanks would still be strong with the ML/MR and the two STs and the AMC could assist them through the middle. Would the AMC work as a connector between midfield and the strikers or would it just take the aggression out of my team?

Would love to see your opinions!
    Jin-Han

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    It should work fine, you are going with attacking formations and like it, my personal view is if its not broken dont fix it!, if your winning now stay as you are, what I do is wait till the cup games to exsperiment so not to upset your team in the LG!, the AMC will work fine with 2 strikers.I dont play like that myself Im much more defensive, you may need to alter formations as you get to higher levels but for L2 that should be fine, my only worry is if you play higher rated teams you might get picked off, so an I of caution and play a bit more defensive in them cases, its up to you bud.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.