Thread: 3-3-2-1-1 - Christmas tree

3-3-2-1-1 - Christmas tree

Hey guys,

I would like to know if you have any suggestion regarding a counter tactic to beat a 3-3-2-1-1 - Christmas tree.

I already played against such tactic, and I have been using a 3N-1(DMC)-4(MR,ML,2MC)-2(2ST). Unfortunately I did not make it, even if my opponent only had a 20 overall grade for its team (while mine is 25).

Do you have any advice?

More generally, I used to lose a lot against team who are supposed to be definitely weaker than mine, and I do not find any explanation to this. I try to use the counter formation recommended on the forum, I always keep my players 100% health and very good moral, but still I cannot make it. Do you know if the age of the player has an impact on the performance? I have a lot of promising players, but most of them are very young and have a volatile performance...

Thx guys, bye.

4-5-1 V style both flanks mixed pass try to force counter pressure in all pitch if you are better

Any confirmation for the 4-5-1 V formation for this? I'm facing the 3n-3w-2n-1-1 soon, and I feel that the V shape is covered in all positions against this christmas tree...

Dreamer
    There's not a lot of attackers in this formation, so you can counter it with a multitude of mixed or attacking formations.

4-4-2, 4-2-2-2 Hex, 3-5-2 Flat, heck even 4-3-3 might work.

I suggest going with your gut, having at least two strikers, and don't use a DMC as there's no need for it.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Thanks for the advice, started with 3n-5-2 V (normal mentality) and scored 3 goals before halftime. Switched to 3n-3n-2w-2 and scored 2 more goals. Nice 0-5 victory. His midfield was a fair bit weaker than mine. Was thinking about 4-3-3 and will try that on the re-match. He will have a hard time getting back from this with 5 goals scored against him in his home game.