Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skidz

Thread: Can you recommend the optimal formation to use please

Can you recommend the optimal formation to use please

At the start of the season i decided to get some attacking wingers but Im having a little trouble trying to get the best formation for my team. I have tried the usual 4-4-2 (both standard MR and ML & also AMR and AML) im not sure what instructions to give my team
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Can you recommend the optimal formation to use please-team.jpg

My Level is 7 and my team average is 57.3
    player levels (Current formation )
    GK 59
    DL 56
    DC 56
    DC 55
    DR 58
    MC 59
    MC 61
    AML 60
    AMR 60
    ST 57
    ST 57

S1 57
    S2 55
    S3 57
    S4 59
    S5 55
    S6 55
    S7 56

RES 58
    RES 59
    RES 54

My two Malaysia cents, which is not worth much!

I love 4-2-2-2 Hexagon

Your team looks solid and I think just a bit of tweaking is necessary. I see Hazard is a Shadow striker, maybe it is a good idea to have a red arrow on him. No arrows necessary on the rest. You can try to put a red arrow on Lukaku and see how that works out.

Don't play attacking, but instead opt for Normal or Defensive depending on situation. Sometimes works best attacking thru the middle, sometimes down the flanks. You shd test out which route your team is comfortable with. If you play your playmaker I would definitely try to attack thru the middle. Passing for hexagon shd also be short.

I don't usually worry too much about opponent's formations, I just look out for a potential dangerman.

If you play counter, I suggest you go man-to-man marking as you want to win the ball as quickly as possible. Else play zonal & offside or just don't bother if you play normal.

Good luck
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    If you had a DMC I would have said play 3-1-4-2 , DL,DC,DR,DMC,ML,MC,MC,MR,ST,ST!! so why not go get one and try this formation!, works for me!. As it stands you could try 4-3-3!! play forward arrows on the midfield and strikers, blues or no arrows on the defence.
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    If you had a DMC I would have said play 3-1-4-2 , DL,DC,DR,DMC,ML,MC,MC,MR,ST,ST!! so why not go get one and try this formation!, works for me!. As it stands you could try 4-3-3!! play forward arrows on the midfield and strikers, blues or no arrows on the defence.
    i have a DMC (in final reserve spot )

Dont use my wingers? i will give it a go but arn't i wasting good talent on the bench as they are my best players. i did try a 4-5-1

DL DC DC DR
    DMC
    MC MC
    AML AMR
    ST

but it didn't work to well i will try what yoy have recommended in some friendly matches thanks for the advice so far

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Moran View Post
    i have a DMC (in final reserve spot )

Dont use my wingers? i will give it a go but arn't i wasting good talent on the bench as they are my best players. i did try a 4-5-1

DL DC DC DR
    DMC
    MC MC
    AML AMR
    ST

but it didn't work to well i will try what yoy have recommended in some friendly matches thanks for the advice so far
    To give it a proper go you need quality players in every position!, this will mean upgrading if neccessary, the main thing is pick a formation and stick to it!, there will be ups and downs as this is how this game works!, the more you change formation the harder you will find consistency!, strengthen every position to about equal quality for the formation you choose then get a player in the same position for every position as cover1, so in effect you have two teams!, your second string doesnt have to be as strong its main responsibility is for cover, you can slowly upgrade that aswell over time!.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.