Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By RJSlow
  • 1 Post By The Shark Tank FC

Thread: 4-1-4-1 Thoughts...

Question 4-1-4-1 Thoughts...

New to posting in Forum, but been lurking for some time too
    ( I do that from time to time )

Read many a post and Topics regarding formations, some are dated..no Disrespect, its 2014
    Yes, I Manage this team, no guarantees, it's just a game.

Looking for updated "opinions" on Best Counter & Tactics for 4-1-4-1.

DR DC DC DL
    DMC
    MR MC MC ML
    ST

If we both are same in Quality 6*, his strength sits with his four.
    My strength sits with my strong ST, MC & DMC , respectfully lol
    should I look for counter or just play straight up same formation?
    If no, I've seen 3w-4-3 mentioned but also seen 3n-1-4-2. <<< I like that one, if not straight up.
    I just don't personally like the 4-2-2-2 hex here, its just me.

Hoping to hear some Valued game opinions, as I have seen before.
    Thanks in advance.
    ST
    Last edited by The Shark Tank FC; 04-21-2014 at 03:37 AM.

You may not like the hex, but its ability to attack the flanks and avoid the DMC is why it is perfect to counter 4-1-4-1. You could use 3n-1-4-2 if you put red arrows on the ML/R. Hope I helped, and good luck. If this information doesn't help at least it can be used as a bump

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Dont match him, switch to a 3w-1-4-2 or 4-1-3w-2, he is only playing one upfront and relying on keeping it tight at the back by playing five players!, you should look to exploit this playing more aggressively, personaly I would start with DL .DC,DR,DMC.ML.MC.MC.MR,ST,ST, and really try to get his team on the back foot, his lone striker will be isolated so if you set your orderes to attacking, mixed focus passing, close down own half, hard tackling as you want to dominate possession and keep most of the ball!, mixed passing, zonal marking, play offsides, DONT force counter attacks, you can switch this on if things are not going well!, you should be fine as both teams as you said are evenly matched!, your strengths being DMC,MC ST is perfect for your arrow set up, REDS on the DMC,all midfield and STs, you are going for it and I think will do well!. If you find by half time your down or drawing, then take of the DMC and go -3-4-3 by putting another ST on!, or take of a MC and play 3-1-3-3, the most important thing is to pepper his goal and with 3 STs on you will deffinatley get chances.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Thank you both !
    Exactly what I was hoping in a reply. Much respect. Going to take advise and Go for it !
    Will update later today.
    Team if fully motivated and ready, go get Em
    Shark Tank
    Level 13 - Competative

Getting better & Just having fun,

Hook'em! lol, Good luck!

Well...was good match...set up my 3w-1-4-2, fully motivated and cond....First half was good battle, It felt like anyway
    He scored his first point at 33', his ST off pole
    Team playing well enough for me not to change anything up to half. Possessions were even. I had missed few more pin point shots though His DC's were strong but my ST was giving him all he could get.
    Got my first score at 59', my ST. Made a number of runs and punches at him but really think his DC's were just too strong. My Corner kicks didn't produce as expected, usually my "got it in" momentum changers, one of those games lol
    He got the winner at the 75' mark. He then changed and added a 5th man down low for a 5-4-1 right after the score. by the time my counter initiated it was too late, had three straight shots to close out but could get one thru.

4 less possessions with 4 more shots, out tackled him while attacking. "Working Man's" game

On to the next one & he's throwing the ole 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond at me....
    We'll be ready
    Shark Tank
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Shark Tank
    Level 13 - Competative

Getting better & Just having fun,