Thread: How to beat 4-4-1-1

How to beat 4-4-1-1

Hey guys,

I faced an issue today against a team playing with 4-4-1-1. On average our teams are equivalent, but on the field my opponent has a better squad than I do. The guy has several players bought on the scouting list, but basically no real bench in case someone gets injured.

I played with 3N-1DMC-4-2. I used the DMC in order to block the AMC of my opponent. I also played with hard tackling in the hope I could injure one of his player, and so he would have to replace the injured player with a bad one (but it did not happen).

The game was well balanced, even though I lost one of my defendor (which I had to replaced with a guy definitely weaker). The score was 1-1, and I was expecting a safe draw. However, in the last 10 minutes, without any change in his formation, the game became out of control. I was completely dominated, and he scored 2 more goals in the last minutes. Thus, I lost 3-1.

This is a cup game, and the return game will be played in my stadium, therefore I need two goals in order to win, and I am willing to take risks in order to make it.

I considered to play 4-4-2 narrow diamond, however I made a test with a friendly game and this was not very convincing.
    I also considered 4-5-1 V style, but same result, not very convincing. Also, I do not really trust V style formation as they sometime provide very irregular results.

Do you have any suggestions? I was considering 4-1(DMC)-2-3, in order to have a very attacking formation and to catch-up with 2 goals. I know that I will lose the control of my wings in the midfield, but I need to take risk if I want to qualify for the semi-final.

Thx guys.

I'm using 4-4-2 or 4-4-1 since I've started playing T11 and the only formation which was better is 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond. If I were you I would use that one (+hard tackling and passing through the middle)

The thing is I tried a friendly game against a 4-4-1-1, and I used 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamong. In the end I lost the game, and the team against me was weaker.
    Thus, I do not see how I can win against a stronger team, and especially catch up with 2 goals !

This was only my opinion. I always noticed that I lost nearly every game against 4-1-2-1-2 using 4-4-1 or 4-4-2