Thread: How to counter 3N-2DML/R-2MC-3

How to counter 3N-2DML/R-2MC-3

Hey,

Tomorrow I have perhaps the most important match of the season. If I win it I'm as good as Champion.

My overall of my team is 61, and his is 59, so a very close one. First game I played against him was on his ground and I won vs him narrow diamond. He's always played with the narrow diamond untill 2 games ago.

Now his setup is this:

----------GK----------
    ------DC--DC--DC-----
    ---DML---------DMR---
    -------MC----MC------
    ------ST--ST--ST-----

So he's playing a wierd 3N-2DML/R-2MC-3ST.

I never encounter this setup before and I can't find any counter formation for this. What questions me most are his 2 DMl/R guys. I suspect red arrows on those since he's fighting for the last CL ticket and I'm fighting for the 1st place.

Any help would be great appreciated!!!!
    Please be as detailed as possible . What are his strong and week points?
    Last edited by Focusstman; 04-30-2014 at 07:48 PM.

his weak points are his flanks cuz he just has the DML/R there, so probably attack the flank, he has 3 strikers so use full pitch pressing

maybe a 4-5-1 v style with blue arrows on DMC and DCs and red arrows on flank players

RJSlow,

Thanks for you input I'll take it concideration .

Anyone else have the same or different idea?

If I'm playing with 3DC I'm always playing attacking mentality and pressing the whole pitch.
    I think that he's got enough brains to do that aswell. So now I wonder if I should counter that
    by playing on normal menality but on the counter? His defence are the lowest rated players in his
    team while his attackers and midfielders are on my level.
    Last edited by Focusstman; 04-30-2014 at 10:03 PM.

You should attack him through the middle. Dont be afraid of his DML/R and dominate his MC'S by using more. I think a 4-3-3 would do it for you.

Hi guys,

Im playing a similar formation tomorrow, instead of 2MC & 3ST, his playing 3MC & 2ST. Will 4-5-1 V style work fine? Its a home game and I'm a bit better than him..

Im playing a similar formation tomorrow, instead of 2MC & 3ST, his playing 3MC & 2ST. Will 4-5-1 V style work fine? Its a home game and I'm a bit better than him..
    yes that formation will actually probably work better against 3MC and 2 ST. Blue arrow on DMC, red on flank players

Thanks RJSlow, will post the results later..