Thread: CL final against 4-5-1 tommorow

CL final against 4-5-1 tommorow

Okay so I've been unbeaten so far I played this game, unbeaten in the normal competition, the cup, but there was just one match I did lose. I lost against this guy in my group of the CL (the first few rounds) and now it happends to be that I have to play him again in the final! My team did improve and I do have better players right now so it should be an easy win, but out of precaution I want the best possible tactic against this guy.

I know I should play 3-5-2 against 4-5-1, but how should I do this exactly? I will send you guys all the information of my team.

So this is my regulair team (I really suggest this formation against 4-4-2 I won recently with 10-0 against a stronger team with it.)
    CL final against 4-5-1 tommorow-wr.jpg

His team: CL final against 4-5-1 tommorow-fefef.jpg

My counter idea:CL final against 4-5-1 tommorow-wre.jpg

I'm quite new to top eleven aswell so any suggestions would be welcome Also I'd like to know much it affects players to play outside their comfort zone.

3-5-2 should do the trick. also how did you beat someone with a stronger team 10-0, was there an illegal formation involved or multiple red cards? could you show us a screen shot perhaps?

Dreamer
    What about a 3-4-2-1 using two AMC's and defense arrows with both MC's?

Would really like to know what RJSlow thinks about that.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

I would try 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow diamond. Used this recently against a way stronger team using 4-5-1.. It was a match i honestly thought i wouldnt win, I was correct but never lost, drew 2-2 away.. Had more shots and a bit more possession. Overall i was the better team that match..

Regarding the players out of their positions, if you put a player out of his primary position and you happen to draw or lose the match, his morale drops drastically.. Try playing them in their right positions. Good luck with the match. Post the results.

Ok first the 10-0, I did some more research, the teams might have been equal or his team might have been a bit stronger in total but that was probally because I still had some bad players on reserve that I hadn't sold yet. The 11 players who played the game were better in my team. He had 3 players on the wrong position aswell. And yes there was a red card.. but for my team xD He got 1 injury though so that compensates. I remember I was very supprised after this win since I just had a match before this one (3:30 hours earlier + I didn't spectate and it was in his stadium. So quite a remarkable game.

CL final against 4-5-1 tommorow-cl.jpg
    CL final against 4-5-1 tommorow-cl1.jpg
    CL final against 4-5-1 tommorow-cl2.jpg
    CL final against 4-5-1 tommorow-cl3.jpg
    CL final against 4-5-1 tommorow-cl4.jpg

In case you're wondering, his goalkeeper was on the right position and was one of his best players.

And what about tactics for my match against 4-5-1? Should I press whole pitch? mixed passing, short, zonal? I never played with 3 defenders before.
    And what about the arrows, how should I put them in 3-5-2?
    Also if a player is outside their normal position how much would this affects this the game? Because I could have a team 3-5-2 on their favorite positions but than my team would be of slightly less quality. Is this better than butting players on wrong positions?

Thx for the help so far

Ok 1 won 1-4, I started 3-5-2 but in halftime I changed back to 4-3-2-1 since there were no goals yet. Shorlty after that I made 3 goals and in the last few minuts he scored 1. So 3-5-2 didn't worked for me, maybe if I had more patience it did, anyway I won 1-4

well congratulations on the win! im glad the formation change worked for you. back when I started and wasn't so patient if it was a tie I would change the formation, and sometimes it was the wrong decision and I fell right into a trap. Luckily it worked out well for you.

What about a 3-4-2-1 using two AMC's and defense arrows with both MC's?

Would really like to know what RJSlow thinks about that.
    3-4-2-1 also could work out really well because it gives you AMCs that are free to attack with no DMCs defending. its pretty similar to 3-5-2, it just depends on your personnel