Thread: Lost to a team with no midfield. Please help.

Lost to a team with no midfield. Please help.

I played a team with 4w-1-0-3w-2 formation. I put out 4-1-4-1, hoping that the back four and cdm would hold their 5 attacking players and dominate the midfield.
    I played defensive with counter attack.
    I lost 2-0. Its a cup match and the return leg is the day after tomorrow. Any advice would be appreciated.
    I'm the same quality as him.
    Thanks in advance.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Adimmy View Post
    I played a team with 4w-1-0-3w-2 formation. I put out 4-1-4-1, hoping that the back four and cdm would hold their 5 attacking players and dominate the midfield.
    I played defensive with counter attack.
    I lost 2-0. Its a cup match and the return leg is the day after tomorrow. Any advice would be appreciated.
    I'm the same quality as him.
    Thanks in advance.
    I faced exactly same formation in CUP match yesterday...round 1/16...he's level 9 n Im level 7..play at my home...quality 1st team he's stronger than me by 2 points...At 1st I played defensive 3dcs-dmr/dml-3mcs-2..Lost 0-1...see the situation could not be handle..I switched to 4-4-1-1 attacking then I got back my possesion...then in 2nd half..I decided to switch to 4-4-2 classic..and it worked..I scored level 1-1 but missed a number of chances becoz his GK was doing pretty well..saved 4 of my shots...So I were dominating the whole 2nd half..he manged to get only shot 1 in those minutes...his goal keeper is quality of 63..he has 4 other players of 62-63 when i have only 1 st at 60..all the left less then that...

So what Im saying is..U can try 4-4-2c normal/whole pitch/down both flanks/hard tackle/long passing/no offside/no counter..or maybe 4-1-3n-2 migh work as well...

Good luck...
    Last edited by Brian Dang; 05-16-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Thanks Brian, I'll let you know.