Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just trying to understand the logic here.

Just trying to understand the logic here.

Hi,

Today i played a game which stunned me.
    I played more of these games before but i always found an excuses that i could blame the bad play on.

Today tho, today was different and i want you, the experts and veterans among us to help me find the logic in the below screens.

Just trying to understand the logic here.-1.jpgJust trying to understand the logic here.-2.jpgJust trying to understand the logic here.-3.jpgJust trying to understand the logic here.-4.jpg

My thought going into the match was:

-attack through the middle, short passing, normal mentality with full pitch pressing, man mark, no counter, no trap.

I jumped into the match around the 20th minute.
    First thing i did, was checking the stats, he had 80% possession, i could not understand why.

*Isn't that midfield related ? "possession" ? like who ever got best or more in midfield, wins possession.. ( that was the case when i played Hattrick before )
    *also, lets say that is not the case, how can he get 80% and i get 20%? is it really because of both his DL/DR ? could these 2 defenders be such a big factor in this game ? ( see i am trying to find the excuses again!!! )

Anyway,

The game just hit the 50 minute mark, thats where i had to do something about the 80/20 possession that has not changed since minute 1 and i have not even mentioned the shots my Goalie had to face.... That poor guy is havinng nightmares about this game!

What i changed was:

zonal marking
    pressing only own half
    long balls forward
    play counter

The 80/20, stayed till the 90th minute and game ended in a 0-0. Looking at the stats i would say. Im glad i got away with 1 point.

What is your view on this?
    Schoool me please, i am new to this game and would love to understand this engine, that lets my 5star team be outclassed by schoolyard boys

btw: Moral was at 100%, i have a payout bonus for a win in the competition and their condition was all above 90%.

Thanks in advance.

You're extremely lucky that you didn't lose 'cause your formation was illegal...

See here: http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...ion-rules.html
    BLAUGRANA FC - The road to success...

7x 4x Runner-ups 3x 1x

Thank you!
    You sir, have schooled me Today!

Greetings.

Illegal formation, also I don't know why you would attack through the middle as he is basically running the same middle set up. Down both flanks and mixed passing is the way to go against a formation like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aossy Pro View Post
    Thank you!
    You sir, have schooled me Today!

Greetings.
    Haha no problem!

7x 4x Runner-ups 3x 1x

Quote Originally Posted by Frac7ure View Post
    Illegal formation, also I don't know why you would attack through the middle as he is basically running the same middle set up. Down both flanks and mixed passing is the way to go against a formation like this.
    Thanks for your input,

Would attack on flank still work even tho i only have players playing narrow?

I had no players that can play in flanks at that moment. I could have just placed my midfielders in the wrong position and played them AML AMR i guess.
    But again, i had no idea my my formation was illegal and assumed since my team is stronger i could just press the middle with short passing and keep possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Aossy Pro View Post
    Thanks for your input,

Would attack on flank still work even tho i only have players playing narrow?

I had no players that can play in flanks at that moment. I could have just placed my midfielders in the wrong position and played them AML AMR i guess.
    But again, i had no idea my my formation was illegal and assumed since my team is stronger i could just press the middle with sort passing and keep possession.
    Ummm I'm not sure as I think thats a middle based attacking formation, I played 1 midfielder out of place (MR as AMR) and he did a amazing job, although that was only 1 spot ahead of his original position so it didn't really make a huge difference. I think if you didn't have a illegal formation you would've won since your team is better. When the wings are open like this running MR and ML is a huge advantage in my opinion.

Your formation was illegal 'cause you hadn't set up any players on the wings...
    (You HAVE to set up at least 2 players on the wings or otherwise your formation is illegal) ;-)

7x 4x Runner-ups 3x 1x

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Marco View Post
    Your formation was illegal 'cause you hadn't set up any players on the wings...
    (You HAVE to set up at least 2 players on the wings or otherwise your formation is illegal) ;-)
    Yea, i pretty much got that from your first reply Mr.
    and No! you have only schooled me once Today! :P

Haha well I wasn't sure if you got it

7x 4x Runner-ups 3x 1x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast