Thread: Facing club "FC Tough" using 3N-3N-3W-1, research and game report

Dreamer

Lightbulb Facing club "FC Tough" using 3N-3N-3W-1, research and game report

Hi Guys,

One of the teams in my league was taken over by a new manager mid-season (I believe, sudden changes), and is now running a 3N-3N-3W-1. The team has had great success using this extremely forward, midfield heavy formation.

Facing club "FC Tough" using 3N-3N-3W-1, research and game report-facing-3n-3n-3w-1.jpg

I normally play a 4-4D-2 (DMC-ML-MR-AMC) or 4-2-3-1 (DMC-DMC,AML-AMC-AMR), but felt both formations weren't suited to playing against a narrow and forward formation. The 4-4D-2 doesn't defend well when the opponent overloads midfield, especially narrow. The 4-2-3-1 doesn't attack well against other AML-AMC-AMR formations, so that was out as well. At first I was thinking about using this (super strange) solution:

Facing club "FC Tough" using 3N-3N-3W-1, research and game report-3n-3w-1-2w-1.jpg

Then I remembered I should actually do research. There is a match where FC Tough had a huge loss to Viper FC, an extremely comparable team to mine, quality wise.

Facing club "FC Tough" using 3N-3N-3W-1, research and game report-fc-tough-loss-4-4-2.jpg

I figure it's wise to mimic that game!

Facing club "FC Tough" using 3N-3N-3W-1, research and game report-4-4-2.jpg

I'll post an update after the match is played, which is currently scheduled tomorrow (May 28) at 16:24 EST (GMT -5).

Input still welcome!
    Last edited by Cody Allan Taylor; 05-29-2014 at 03:53 AM.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Dreamer
    Sadly, I did not get the result that I needed!

Facing club "FC Tough" using 3N-3N-3W-1, research and game report-fc-tough-result.jpg

Feel like I did choose the right formation, probably just the wrong striker. I had brought in a new kid on a free transfer, but now I wish I hadn't started him just yet. Didn't watch the match, so hard to say how well he actually played though.
    Last edited by Cody Allan Taylor; 05-30-2014 at 02:18 AM.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Checking the ratings could give you an idea of how well everyone played and if he did really well at certain areas