Thread: How to beat 4-2-3-1

How to beat 4-2-3-1

DL-DC-DC-DR
    MC-MC
    AML-AMC-AMR
    ST

I don't remember playing against this formation before and this is a very important match, as the guy is two points in front of me, and it's an away match. He has a very young team, with an average of 19.6 and all of his players on the field are six stars, except for one defender. However, he's using a player with DML-ML as a DL, and a DC as a DR.

Which formation is appropriate to get a clean, comfortable win? My team is a bit weaker when it comes to average stars.
    Team: Presheva FC

I was also defeated today with this formation used by my opponent who is weaker then me. I used 4-1-2-1-2. So you can avoid this formation.

i have to be honest the best formation till now that ive used against that was 4-5-1V , i won against a guy with a better average star 2-0 at home , and he used that tactic , so i suggest 4-5-1V , ur DM covers his AMC , and i suggest playing down flanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Ventura View Post
    i have to be honest the best formation till now that ive used against that was 4-5-1V , i won against a guy with a better average star 2-0 at home , and he used that tactic , so i suggest 4-5-1V , ur DM covers his AMC , and i suggest playing down flanks
    What kind of mentality?

if its home i would suggest normal , without counter attack , but if its not going well than put counter attacks on , with own half pressing , if its away thn go defensive with counter attacks on , own half pressing and normal tackling

Alright, thanks. Will see how it goes.

good luck , post the result after please , i hope i helped

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Ventura View Post
    good luck , post the result after please , i hope i helped
    I drew 1-1...

This formation isn't the best, I must say. Despite the fact he had three players on wrong positions, I still couldn't beat him. Even with defensive mentality and forcing counter-attack breaks, I only had one counter-attack break and it didn't provide a goal.

4-2-3-1 is hard to counter attack :s
    4-5-1V worked for me against a guy with better quality for the cup , what were all your orders ? :s
    i played long balls down flanks force counter attacks etc .. :s

Dreamer
    i would had playing 3w-1-4-2, Red arrow on all mc's and strikers! Blue arrow on your dmc to support your only DC! Hard tackling, attacking, zonal, mixed passing & offside!

He has aml/amc/amr & a striker! so my DL,DC,DR would cover up his players and my DMC his AMC! And when his attackers are danger i would play 4-2-2-2 down both flanks! That's only when i want to play more safe, but normal i would face him with 3-1-4-2! You can take a look here (http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...3-1-4-2-a.html) so you know why i'm playing this formation season after season!

"Rare But Strong Together"

7x 3x 2x