Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How to counter 442

Many thanks! Just won 4:1 the final of CL.

5/4 Street of El Manana, 19-2000 Melancholy Hill, Plastic Beach.
    I've always lost to teams playing 4-4-2 against me. But yesterday i just won against the top team in my league. His quality was almost the same as mine. Last time we met, he won 1:0 over me. I was using 4-3-3 total football that time. So last night, was the deciding game because i was at second place with two points away from him. I decided to use 4-1-3-2. Both of us were watching the game. No goals were scored in the first half, but i dominated the possession. Second half, I dropped one of my strikers to an amc's position (my amc was playing as an mc since the start of the game because my other mc was injured). So my formation became 4-1-3-1-1. My team managed to attacked wildly and scored 3 goals and conceded none. I think it's safe to say that 4-1-3-1-1 is possible to counter 4-4-2. My only advantage was the game was played at home. So i automatically had more possession than him. But other than that, nothing.

Attacking
    Through the middle
    Own Half
    Short passing (i think this helped me to win the possession)
    Normal Tackling
    Zonal Marking

I put red arrow on my central MC and AMC, blue arrows on both DC's. No arrows on fullbacks.

P/s; I always put my strikers on the opposite side to their preferred foot. Example, if my striker is right footed, i put him on the left box. And if he's left footed, it's the other way around. Doesn't matter if he's playing as a lone striker or with partners. If it's either foot, i put him in the middle (if playing a one st formation).

-----ST-------------
    ---------AMC------

I know the game is over, but i hope this'll help other people. Peace

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggelhs Highlander View Post
    Stop to give the all players red and blue arrows. Leave off all blue and red, and keep only on 2 MC. MC*-mc-MC* (With * is red arrows).
    Play 4-3-1-2 as i say and you will have more possesion.

Share here a photo please with your tactic.

Baggelhs Highlander

I have use this 4-3-1-2 formation more then 6 League
    And I wanted to change a better formation
    I think this 4-3-1-2 formation is Good

Famous
    [QUOTE=Baggelhs Highlander;252749]Stop to give the all players red and blue arrows. Leave off all blue and red, and keep only on 2 MC. MC*-mc-MC* (With * is red arrows).

I've noticed the 4-3-1-2 was very strong this season as well as other formations attacking the middle. When I saw the formations of your cup win yesterday (Congrats) I was abit worried because I had been using 4-1-4-1 to counter formations attacking the middle. The last couple season it worked very well against such formations (4-1-2-1-2, 4-3N-3, etc...). This season it wasn't the case as I ran 4-1-4-1 motivated when I was eliminated from both the cup and champions league. The CL-final was against the 4-3-1-2 and I lost 1:3, the cup was against 4-3N-3 and I went out 5:5 on the away goals tie-breaker. The warning signs were their but I stuck with the 4-1-4-1 due to past success and may have paid for it in the end. In both cases my team was equal to slightly better than the opponent.

[QUOTE=pcmacdaniel;252866]
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggelhs Highlander View Post
    Stop to give the all players red and blue arrows. Leave off all blue and red, and keep only on 2 MC. MC*-mc-MC* (With * is red arrows).

I've noticed the 4-3-1-2 was very strong this season as well as other formations attacking the middle. When I saw the formations of your cup win yesterday (Congrats) I was abit worried because I had been using 4-1-4-1 to counter formations attacking the middle. The last couple season it worked very well against such formations (4-1-2-1-2, 4-3N-3, etc...). This season it wasn't the case as I ran 4-1-4-1 motivated when I was eliminated from both the cup and champions league. The CL-final was against the 4-3-1-2 and I lost 1:3, the cup was against 4-3N-3 and I went out 5:5 on the away goals tie-breaker. The warning signs were their but I stuck with the 4-1-4-1 due to past success and may have paid for it in the end. In both cases my team was equal to slightly better than the opponent.
    The major role is on players are playing. The stars is not always the best... when it is good the team, then surely it is better.
    I had the luck to fall in players who really play well.

Quote Originally Posted by igorcerlat View Post
    Many thanks! Just won 4:1 the final of CL.
    congratulations to your team my friend...
    Nothing is impossible, but anything is possible.

Real Madrid F.C (My team) Preview:
    - Click me -

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanwong View Post
    Thanks Cody Allan Taylor
    What formation did you end up using?
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Allan Taylor View Post
    What formation did you end up using?
    4-2-2-2

Finally use 4-3(N)-1-2

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanwong View Post
    4-2-2-2

Finally use 4-3(N)-1-2
    Decent choices. Obviously every team is different! I won twice in Cup Preliminary 0-2 and 1-0 using the 4-5V-1. I had my ML/DML player in DMC, but other than that everyone was in their preferred position. My opponent was very even against my team and his starting 11 was much better than his average since his bench and reserves stunk!
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234