Thread: How to counter 3w-4-3

How to counter 3w-4-3

I have an important match tomorrow
    Please give me the formation and the tactics and which arrows should I make ?

Thank you all

Famous
    Defensively, I'd use four defenders to account for his 3 ST. DL/DR also to block his ML/MR. If you want to play defensively, 2 MC's with blue arrows to account for the your adversaries 2 MC's potentially going forward. Then attack his flanks and have two strikers since a lone DC should struggle against that. 4-4-2 classic or 4-2-2-2 hexagon should work for this. Defensive/normal mentality, passing down the flanks, own half pressing, hard tackling, mixed passing with counterattacks. Red arrows on DL, DR, ML/AML, MR/AMR and blue arrows on both MC's.

If you want to play offensively, 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond is a good option too. Basically, he's only using 1 DC, so you punish him with 2 ST and a motivated AMC. Basically, if his MC's have red arrows you have 1 DMC, whom may be a bit overwhelmed but 1 DMC marking 2 MC's in your defensive midfield is better than him having none defending his. If he has blue arrows on his MC's, you'll still overwhelm his lone DC with 2 ST and a motivated AMC. Attacking mentality, through the middle, whole pitch pressing, short passing, hard tackling, no counter attacks, no offsides. Red arrows on DL/DR, DMC, MC, MC and AMC.

Good luck!!!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 06-01-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Thank you very Much
    But about the offensive one , isn't having red arrows on my mcs is opening my midfield
    And isn't having red arrows on DMC is opening the way for his attacking mcs ??

Famous
    I believe a red arrow means the player attacks from the position directly in front of his and defends his normal position; whereas a blue arrow attacks from his normal position and defends one behind him. For example a MC with a blue arrow would defend the DMC position and attack from the MC position; whereas a red arrow MC would defend the MC position and attack as an AMC.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Defensively, I'd use four defenders to account for his 3 ST. DL/DR also to block his ML/MR. If you want to play defensively, 2 MC's with blue arrows to account for the your adversaries 2 MC's potentially going forward. Then attack his flanks and have two strikers since a lone DC should struggle against that. 4-4-2 classic or 4-2-2-2 hexagon should work for this. Defensive/normal mentality, passing down the flanks, own half pressing, hard tackling, mixed passing with counterattacks. Red arrows on DL, DR, ML/AML, MR/AMR and blue arrows on both MC's.

If you want to play offensively, 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond is a good option too. Basically, he's only using 1 DC, so you punish him with 2 ST and a motivated AMC. Basically, if his MC's have red arrows you have 1 DMC, whom may be a bit overwhelmed but 1 DMC marking 2 MC's in your defensive midfield is better than him having none defending his. If he has blue arrows on his MC's, you'll still overwhelm his lone DC with 2 ST and a motivated AMC. Attacking mentality, through the middle, whole pitch pressing, short passing, hard tackling, no counter attacks, no offsides. Red arrows on DL/DR, DMC, MC, MC and AMC.

Good luck!!!
    I agree with this one, but make sure your team is in condition if you want to press the whole pitch and use red arrows

"Rare But Strong Together"

7x 3x 2x

Thank you very much , I won 2-1 but unfortunately I didn't make it to the next round because I lost the first leg 1-0 , so he won by away goal