Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RJSlow
  • 1 Post By Luis.Syukrez

Thread: Which tactics to use when better than opponent

Which tactics to use when better than opponent

Hello,
    Lately I've lost some matches of weacker teams. My average rating 2 point higher, my possession is around 60%, but for some reason I lose big! yesterday I lost 4-0, last week 5-2.
    My prefered formation is 4-4-2classic.
    Which tactics are recommended when facing a weaker opponent? e.g. playing defence?, press hole pitch?, enable opponent to counter?

Is it recommended to chance tactics during the game? I get the feeling that any change during the game lead to counter goals....

Some advise is welcome.

Thanks,
    R
    Last edited by remco1982; 06-06-2014 at 07:16 AM.

I think 4-4-2 is a good tactic if you are stronger. Yet, being stronger is not all there is to it. Your players need to be rested, in good mental condition, motivated (wining bonus) etc. Also, if your opponent is on a wining streak, better motivated etc., he still might win.
    Specificly, i find that attacking+full pitch pressure is best for my team against weaker teams. I try not changing tactics unless loosing or still 0-0 around 65-70 minute.
    Using Tapatalk

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    OK so your experiencing some loses to weaker teams!, try setting orders to hard tackling, press own half, mixed focus passing, mixed passing style and attacking, zonal marking, play offsides, put red arrowa on all midfield and strikers and see how it goes!, if by half time you are still not winning, take of a MC and put on another striker, move you other MC into the center, you are now playing 4-3w-3 , set force counter attacks., you can if you wish start with force counter attacks!, and normal tackling its upi to you!, what I suggest if you do start with normal tackling and no force counter attacks monitor the game stas during the live match and if you are down on tackles and shots the immediatly change them two settings and put on a 3rd striker.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

If you watch the match do you notice the other team getting lots of counter attacks? sometimes you feel you have the better team so you put on attacking mentality, but the other team has force counter attacks on and that burns you. Try some different tactics and see how that works
    Skidz likes this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Quote Originally Posted by remco1982 View Post
    Hello,
    Lately I've lost some matches of weacker teams. My average rating 2 point higher, my possession is around 60%, but for some reason I lose big! yesterday I lost 4-0, last week 5-2.
    My prefered formation is 4-4-2classic.
    Which tactics are recommended when facing a weaker opponent? e.g. playing defence?, press hole pitch?, enable opponent to counter?

Is it recommended to chance tactics during the game? I get the feeling that any change during the game lead to counter goals....

Some advise is welcome.

Thanks,
    R
    4-4-2 is a very easy formation to beat in this game , or real-life football , as it is classic formation .
    Try using 4-5-1 V-style , 4-1-4-1 , or 4-3-2-1 Christmas tree .
    They are (from my experience) the best formation so far . All of them can be defensive or attacking formation depending on the putting of red/blue arrows on your specific player .

Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    If you watch the match do you notice the other team getting lots of counter attacks? sometimes you feel you have the better team so you put on attacking mentality, but the other team has force counter attacks on and that burns you. Try some different tactics and see how that works
    Yeah I always used hard defending mentality against stronger teams , and I'll always get results like 3-0 , 4-1 and the latest is 6-1 .
    When I used hard-attacking on a hard-defending team , I barely able to score goals .

Which tactics to use when better than opponent-vs-trw-6-1.jpg

Which tactics to use when better than opponent-trw-profile-29th5.jpg
    Emiron Josepha likes this.