Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Offline strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Christiansen View Post
    @gintaras So by your opinion Screenshot by Lightshot wide diamond is illegal? It doesnt have MCs
    omg, how do you not get it... It doesn't have MC but it has 4 midfielders in total (yellow players). If you set up a formation with only 2 midfielders (yellow players) they must me MCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    You are right, it is the best for that. But I hate 4 4 2 though so usually leave my team in this Maple Leaf variant: Attachment 24415

My D line rarely gets a card so I don't (didn't! watch it happen after I said this) worry too much about a ejection for them.
    It is a safe formation,only not very much in the defence... But it is too much defensive,isn't it? For me narrow diamond is my safest formation. The defence is safe the midfield and also the strikers. Unless my strikers and 2 of my defenders get a red card in one game... But that wouldn't happen

P.S Bobo and Bobo II are they king and son or something

I will try to beat you with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond Formation

For a true offline strategy (ie one where your not able to check for a few days) to work it needs, imo, to be a balanced formation which offers a chance to cope with whatever the opposition throws at you. A formation that has a less obvious counter. A formation that is too focused on the middle or the flanks or is weak defending in one or the other can be exploited. Ofc if your side is OP then anything will do.

I'd think Maple Leaf and 4-4-2 are decent options but this is all in the context that being offline is risky anyway. My ickle 3rdteam is doing not bad using 4-4-2 in a semi-offline troll-mode. My 2nd team gets so many injuries atm it would fail with any offline strategy.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Christiansen View Post
    It is a safe formation,only not very much in the defence... But it is too much defensive,isn't it? ...
    P.S Bobo and Bobo II are they king and son or something
    My team often plays that form, I did say for unattended matches it's good to have your guys in a familiar layout, for you obviously that's ND.

Yes, as a matter of fact, on my team, Bobo IS King! I even named my Stadium for him Offline strategy-bobo.jpg
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    My team often plays that form, I did say for unattended matches it's good to have your guys in a familiar layout, for you obviously that's ND.

Yes, as a matter of fact, on my team, Bobo IS King! I even named my Stadium for him Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bobo.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	24465
    You got that right I see a super legend there. I will start to keep my good performers too, I always sell them when they are 3 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    omg, how do you not get it... It doesn't have MC but it has 4 midfielders in total (yellow players). If you set up a formation with only 2 midfielders (yellow players) they must me MCs.
    I think I saw the confusion here. I understand what you are saying now... You include ML,MR,DMC,DMC,DMR,AMC,AMR and AML In Midfielders(MCs) So that way you are right you need at least 2 so it is not illegal... I didn't know that you include all midfielders In MCs

Nice conversation. Formation established, now what order and arrows would you give your team? Would you have them play defensive, normal or attacking, normal tackle or hard tackle and if where would you put arrows?
    If a man has the right attitude, even if he is average, he'll work hard enough to play well. As long as he thinks he can be good, that's all that counts.

-Bear Bryant-

League Champion: 11*

Champions League Winner: 5*

Cup Winner: 2*

Treble Winner Level: 1

ROLL TIDE

Charleston, South Carolina Title Town USA

For a 4-4-2 Counter attacking set up I do:

Defensive, Down Both Flanks, Whole Pitch Press, Hard Tackling, Mixed Passing, Zonal, Force Counter, no Offside trap. With ML & MR motivated forward.

But this set up is also because there are 4 sides with > 5Q advantage so that's a factor in my choice too. But I'm still testing this so can't say its ideal yet: 10 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss (lost last night when I watched a game and fiddled ). Currently 4th, 2pts off top, 1 off 2nd, gd behind 3rd.

So you can probably discount this - just offering it to get stage 2 discussion going.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    For a 4-4-2 Counter attacking set up I do:

Defensive, Down Both Flanks, Whole Pitch Press, Hard Tackling, Mixed Passing, Zonal, Force Counter, no Offside trap. With ML & MR motivated forward.

But this set up is also because there are 4 sides with > 5Q advantage so that's a factor in my choice too. But I'm still testing this so can't say its ideal yet: 10 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss (lost last night when I watched a game and fiddled ). Currently 4th, 2pts off top, 1 off 2nd, gd behind 3rd.

So you can probably discount this - just offering it to get stage 2 discussion going.
    That is not bad at all, 10 wins, 4 draws and only 1 loss. Nice for playing offline.
    If a man has the right attitude, even if he is average, he'll work hard enough to play well. As long as he thinks he can be good, that's all that counts.

-Bear Bryant-

League Champion: 11*

Champions League Winner: 5*

Cup Winner: 2*

Treble Winner Level: 1

ROLL TIDE

Charleston, South Carolina Title Town USA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234