Thread: Need Advice for CL Final - Unique Opposing Formation Expected

Need Advice for CL Final - Unique Opposing Formation Expected

Hello all,

I'm going up against a former group opponent in the CL Final. I beat him at Home in the first match up, but he thoroughly beat me in the second, using a defensive formation I hadn't seem before: a 3W-2 (DMC)-3W-2

Need Advice for CL Final - Unique Opposing Formation Expected-screen-shot-2014-06-25-6.27.11-pm.png

I had tried using a 4-4-2 Classic, but that only resulted in a decided shot deficit. He had a +7% possession bonus. His entire lineup is 6*, I have five of them (and a 4* in the lineup), so there is a talent gap.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by HazmatCorntail; 06-25-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Okay, so instead of the above, the preliminary lineup I'm facing is going to be different: 4-2(DMC)-2W-2

I'm sticking with the 4-5-1V but may switch to the Butterfly at kickoff. He's leaving the middle wide open, so I'll focus the attack there to start.

Any suggestions, thoughts? Thanks!

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by HazmatCorntail View Post
    Okay, so instead of the above, the preliminary lineup I'm facing is going to be different: 4-2(DMC)-2W-2

I'm sticking with the 4-5-1V but may switch to the Butterfly at kickoff. He's leaving the middle wide open, so I'll focus the attack there to start.

Any suggestions, thoughts? Thanks!
    Hi middle is covered by 2 DC's and 2DMC's. I'd attack the flanks where the only real cover is a DL and DR. Plus 4-5-1V is not really suited for attacking through the middle, but is suited to attacking down the flanks.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Okay, switched the attack to Down Both Flanks.

Does anybody have suggestions on a different formation or is 4-5-1 the way to go?

I'd go for 4-2-2-2 hex since he's got only 1 DC so it would be reasonable to attack with 2 ST supported by AML/R but if your ST is strong enough alone 4-5-1 V is great as well.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    I'd go for 4-2-2-2 hex since he's got only 1 DC so it would be reasonable to attack with 2 ST supported by AML/R but if your ST is strong enough alone 4-5-1 V is great as well.
    Thanks! As I mentioned above, he's actually using a different, but equally defensive formation:

Need Advice for CL Final - Unique Opposing Formation Expected-screen-shot-2014-06-27-6.33.56-pm.jpg

I'm still going with a 4-5-1V for now, but am considering switching over to the 3-2-2-2-1 Butterfly at kickoff. I can do that since my DMC also goes at DC and my fullbacks are also wingbacks.

Do you think the Hexagon would work against this new formation?

Nah, against this better go with 4-5-1V or Butterfly as you said.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)