Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: How to beat this 5-4-1 Formation. He won 1st meet 2-1

How to beat this 5-4-1 Formation. He won 1st meet 2-1

How to beat this 5-4-1 Formation. He won 1st meet 2-1-how-win-formation.jpg

Today's Cup match enemy is using this WBL,DC,DC,WBR,DMC,AML,DC,DC,AMR,ST. So maybe it's 5-4-1 and he beat me 2-1 in 1st match. I was using attacking through AML AMC and AMR and with 1x ST who has one on one specialty. Focus passing was mixed and easy tackling with defensive play and counters. Passing style was mixed "with certain formations love to use Short a.k.a direct passing,but don't know if team uses crossing then "I hope they do". Also marking style was zonal.

Would like to win today but seems hard cause his midfield is strong and so r whis ML and MR. MR is 70 rank and ML is 68. His striker in front of attack is rank 70. My central defenseman is rank 74 so his striker shouldn't be a problem for him "though i might need to use him in DL position not sure yet".

Asking for assistance.

Friendly regards: Terry
    Last edited by Terry Holland; 07-04-2014 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Removed yellor font color

Wrong section, some mod please move this thread.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Ty for saying. Wasn't aware that cannot create assist request on this area :P :/

Wish u good relaxing weekend

- Terry -

The opposition's formation is imo a good one for using defensive counterattacking orders which can give Attacking mentality teams problems. If you think he was counterattacking then I'd make the change to Normal mentality.

Others will offer advice on your formation better if you post up a pic of your squad and preferred formation.

Big thanks for the reply / assist Buffs Mad I didn't make it to Champions League this season cause of weird behaviour by game engine in last season and also couple personal silly mistakes which did cost me about 4x points. So now i wanna go far in the Cup cause if i drop out now then my calendar will be very boring. I was using Defensive and Counter even my formation wasn't so defensive and score was that 2-1. Or i had normal and trap. Can't recall and can't see it anymore from calendar when going to check the info from that match :/

Alright thanks for the suggestion i'll try to post a pic from my lineup and the tacs page.

Last edited by Terry Holland; 07-04-2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Added Assist person's name

Agree what Buffs Mad say. This formation is called 4-1-4-1. And i want to give a tip. Dont use easy tackling. For me it makes no sense. And you become cards even with easy tackling. Try normal or hard. Hard give you more posession but takes more stamina. I play only with hard tackling and the cards are the same as normal.

How to beat this 5-4-1 Formation. He won 1st meet 2-1-my-formation..jpg

Here is my formation and tacs.

Thanks for the tackling info Ricardo82 i had no idea that easy tackling would cause that and that game engine is kinda flawed in receiving cards. So i'll use that normal & hard from now on I've selected Normal mentality and Trap cause of using 3x Dc's. In my mind that should work well and mean the O.Trap. Chose 3x Dc's to defend cause enemy isn't using AML and AMR or either one. Hopefully works out. If u think otherwise pls let me know Also chose Short Passing cause of the formation that use,but i hope that wingers or even midfielders do crossing even when using S.Passes.

Gonna be a tough one and always thought that ball possession would be better with team that uses better and or more midfielders,but in Top Eleven that is not the case as have noticed through many season's and that is a shame.

Wish good relaxing weekend for everyone

- Terry -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to beat this 5-4-1 Formation. He won 1st meet 2-1-my-tacs.jpg  

Don't know why resolution came to be so crap when it's quite large when saved the image with Irfanview software.

- Terry -

0-2 defeat so now regret even more to all the cash that i've put into this. Last season was full of game engine's own will matches and cause of that didn't get to C.League for this season. Now on 3rd round dropped from Cup and team that dropped my team was owned by manager who isn't loyal towards the team as isn't watching the live match. Really shame..now i hope that game developers enjoyed all the cash that i've put in during all these manyyyy seasons that been around and use them wisely. Propably time to quit this silly footie managing that has it's own silly engine which also follows the rule where no surprises happen and usually team wins that has higher ranked players.

Wish nice rest year 2014 for everyone and enjoy footie.
    Argentina - Germany final in 2014 World Cup is my dream final and Argentina for the win.