Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 4-1-1-1-3 Really?

4-1-1-1-3 Really?

This formation is considered illegal by the rules but something must be wrong about that.

I have strong team, and really prepare for every single match. Before the match I got a ready plan and for every possible counter I got a ready counter as well. Won 7 matches in a row this season and most of them like 6:0.

And then i got this:

DR-DC---DC-DL
    ------DMC------
    -------MC------
    ------AMC------
    ---ST-ST-ST---

I couldn´t find a counter to that anywhere but should be a piece of cake and I went with:

DR-DC---DC-DL
    ------DMC------
    MR----MC----ML
    ----------------
    ----ST--ST----

So I could block his only Attacking path with a DMC and posses both flanks completely. Red arrows on the MR/ML only, with normal mentality and passes down both flanks. My strength was 21 vs his 16. Not only gave me that guy my only 0:0, but worse than that, I had like 63% possession while having a 12% bonus. Thats what I use to have in away games. Now tell me about how illegal that formation really is. Is this a bug or am I missing something? It´s not like I really needed that points but it hurts my soul to let him get away with that kind of formation.

I don't think it's illegal...
    t11_fan likes this.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Not illegal. (odd, but within rules of this game) Possession would be normal.

Maybe the ratings give a hint, his GK have a good match? Maybe your ST's not so much? (I go with mixed passing mostly I don't have luck going down wings, thats when my ML gets a crud rating, but that's just me)
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Theoretical Legal Formation Requirements:
    At least 1, but no more than 2, players on EACH outside flank. {the DL/DR, DML/DMR, ML/MR, AML/AMR slots}"

You´re right. I havent noticed about the DL/DR. But still it´s a shame that crappy formation was ranked 4th in our league. While much more thoughtful coaches get pounded like 5:0.

Theres really nothing to find about this. Is there any known counter? Narrow Diamond maybe? I would love to hit that goal until it´s sore nxt time.

I would hit him trough the flanks. Protect your center and you should be fine.
    The formation is 100% legal. But if you go may be with 3n-1-4-2 if you have strong defenders you leave the pitch as the winner. Red arrows on ml/mr .
    Otherwise go with 4-1-3w-2 and you should be win too.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo82 View Post
    I would hit him trough the flanks. Protect your center and you should be fine.
    Otherwise go with 4-1-3w-2 and you should be win too.
    Good luck.
    That´s what I did -.-Thanks

Famous
    4-3n-3 or 4-2Mcs-1-3 will do...

1st to teach you all one unwrietten rule about counter formations:
    You don't need DL and DR if opponent doesn't have wings in mildfield!
    Counter formations are good but aren't perfect, they could be improved because there are some good CF that aren't written. For example 3n61 with DMC, and ML/R or AML/R is counter formation for almost all 4-narrow formations.
    I suggest you to use 3n-1-5-1, focus gameplay through flanks, red arrows on ML and MR, mixed passing, zonal marking. You can use offside trap too, it is even more useful if oppo is weaker and you can attack him easly. Don't force counter attacks!
    Ex top eleven player

I'd go with 3-5-2v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast