Thread: Lack of Offense

Lack of Offense

My team's offense has been uncharacteristically horrible the last week. I split formations between 1 and 2 strikers, and at least one winger on each side (AML/AMR or ML/MR) and then usually at least one MC, and occasionally an AMC. Commonly use 4-4-2, 4-5-1V, 3-5-2V, 4-1-4-1, or 4-1-2-1-2 diamond, Attacking Mentality with Mixed Passing and Normal Tackling. Counter attacks on.

Last year we counter attacked many times and averaged about 3.5 goals a game in league play. This year, we have a paucity of "one on one with the keeper!" and "through to the goal!" type chances, and hardly any counter attacks. What should I do in my tactics/formations to get the offense back?

Level 11. Players of relevance:
    MCs 75, 67
    ML 70
    AML/AMC 74, 69
    MR/AMR 74
    ST 75, 72, 65

Dont go for counterattacks if you play attacking mode. It makes no sense.
    And if you are on a bad run choose one favorite formation and stick to it. So your players feel more famililary after a few games.
    If you are on a loosingstreak play normal mode and try the save way to get some points.
    Good luck
    fc tiki taka

Level 13/Season 13

League : 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Cl : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

Cup : 4, 9, 10, 11, 12

Treble : 9, 10, 12

My Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo82 View Post
    Dont go for counterattacks if you play attacking mode. It makes no sense.
    And if you are on a bad run choose one favorite formation and stick to it. So your players feel more famililary after a few games.
    If you are on a loosingstreak play normal mode and try the save way to get some points.
    Good luck
    If makes no sense doesn't mean it's not going to work. I'm playing attacking with counterattacks and everything's fine. Just saying.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Apprentice
    Use only one formation... it makes no sense to me switching from formation to formation... i see people saying like how to beat formation 4-4-2 or something and to myself i don't look at other people formation... i just use one good formation... i use counterattack and almost all matches i get a counterattack, i may not score but i get close enough...