Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kylos

Thread: How to beat this 4-4-2 with better rating

Rookie

How to beat this 4-4-2 with better rating

I am up against this 4-4-2 with a better rating. I have read that the 4-5-1V is the best option. Or a 3N-5-2V is also a good option. Which of the two are better? And what are the tactics that should be played with each?

I've had luck with the 4-5-1V against lower rated 4-4-2 teams, but I haven't been able to play any high rated 4-4-2. I would really like to beat this guy.

My team:

and his team:

Thanks!

Rookie
    Any Help?

Well, I play a 4-5-1 V-Style in most of my matches and I always seem to struggle against the 4-4-2. I either draw or win by a 1-0, 2-1 or 3-1 margin. Seeing as he has a slightly better team than you based on quality what I'd do is implement the 4-5-1 V-Style formation however I'd play more defensively. Set your teams mentality to defensive and put counterattacks on and hope for the best. If he scores early make sure at halftime to change your teams mentality to attack and put arrows on your DMC, AML, AMR and ST. If you still can't manage to score take out a MC and put on another ST.

Best of luck.

4-5-1 v style has been crap lately. 4-3w-3 is so far been the best.
    Peter Renn likes this.

I have played 442C with 451 v attacking mentality and did quite well against them. I have a champions league final match against 442c formation tomorrow and will play with 451v attacking formation and might change to 4 3 2 1 on latter stages. Best of luck!