Thread: same old 4-2(MC's)-3W-1...

Apprentice

same old 4-2(MC's)-3W-1...

Hi Misters!...
    As in object, that formation i'm going to front in few hours gives me always doubts! Not the first time i front it but i would try to find a real key to get a victory. In this peculiar moment of my league it's very important 'cause i'm fighting for the advancement...
    Take a look of the formation
    same old 4-2(MC's)-3W-1...-240714.jpg
    Ok, i would try a (wierd) new formation, like below
    same old 4-2(MC's)-3W-1...-counter240714.jpg

Now, don't care about red cards or uncorrect positions, that picture is just an example, but as you see i could use DML/R to stop his higher externals, to the three defenders the task of embank opponent's strikers.
    He has got only a striker so defenders should be enough and putting a blue arr on my MC i'll get one more man in defense.
    On the opposite pitch i can push forward my AMC (...and ST's) to gain more attack.
    All under Defensive Mind, using Counterattack in the middle with mixed pass.
    I wuold like to hear something about your thoughts.
    Thank you

You need at least 1 more MC if you are going to play defensive counterattacking, imo. 1 defensive midfielder will be swamped trying to cover 2 MCs and an AMC. To gift the central midfield to the opposition is dangerous.

Apprentice
    It's possible.
    I think that the Counterattack should do the difference, his formation is really forwarded and i also think "attack minded". Too much opposite men on my pitch, i have to "jump" them with long pass or try to give the lowest chance of possession. He's higher than me in Q.
    ...so what about 3-5-2 V-S?