Thread: Countering 4-3-3 using 4-1-4-1 ? Ehm...not so good

Rookie

Countering 4-3-3 using 4-1-4-1 ? Ehm...not so good

Hi,

yesterday, I played against the team with 4-3-3 formation. I used recommended 4-1-4-1 (normal mentality, passing combine, attacking on my side,type of passing combine) with blue arrows on Dc's and red arrows on ML, MR. I was little bit surprised because my team is stronger by 2.5 points, I was watching the game , he not and I was home. The ball possession was maybe 60:40, but I had +13% (home and watching). In the 30. min. I got a red card and the game was tied (hopefully) but statistics for shots on target were only 3 (on my side).

Becuase it was the cup, I am playing with him once again and as I see he doesn't change his formation. What would you do in this position ? Would you keep the strategy 4-1-4-1 or rather use 4-5-1 V style ? Any idea ?

Thnx

Rookie
    Just to add, I am considering of using 4-1-4-1 (attacking style, whole pitch,passing by flanks) or 4-5-1 V style (attacking style, whole pitch,passing by flanks)

What do you think ?

use 4-3-2w-1, normal, down flank, own half, normal tackling, mixed pass, offiside off, force counter off. red arrow AMR/AMl. Blue arrow mid MC. Good luck.

I am assuming that you had tied the first home leg, correct? He has home advantage now, if it is not broken do not fix it, you may consider keeping "own half", a little more conservative since you are away. If not for the home game red card you could have won. If he doesn't change formation, keep what works.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Rookie
    Yes , now I am playing away, but i think it would be good to be little more offensive because 1 goal away would be like 2 goals home , so shooting at least 2 goals would be the aim to continue to semifinal.

Rookie
    and 4-5-1 V don't you recommend it ?

4-5-1 V is brother of 4-3-2w-1. you can use it too, then red arrow your DMC.