Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Big problems vs 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond!!

Big problems vs 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond!!

This season I played vs. narrow diamond 6 times 1W 2D 3L.
    I tried with 4-5-1v-style,3-5-2v-style,4-1-4-1,3n-1-3n-2(aml/amr)-1,3n-1-4-2(big mistake).
    Now I'll play vs very strong narrow diamond team and I haven't idea what to do
    Can you help me?

My friend is playing this formation and is quite unbeatable, with 18W 2D 0L in the League for lvl2 and is ranked 1st since the second matchday.
    I have played 2x friendly matches with him and went up in a tie in regular time. I am also lvl2, but I won 1x with penalty shoot out and the other time in the extra time with just 1 goal extra. I use the 5-2N-1AMC-2N.
    He only lost the Cup match from a tough player and he is still in the CL, but lost the first match. Have to see the return, because it is also a tough player for him.
    So basicly in a fair, decent matching player quality you can tie up with the narrow diamond with the v style. I found a site suggesting to use the v style and 4-3-2-1. Similar to v style but DMC is now MC. You can also put down arrow on this MC when the opponent AMC is taking advantage.
    See also Top Eleven tactics
    Last edited by Stealthie; 08-18-2014 at 06:04 PM.

V-style is no longer counter to narrow diamond for 4-3-2-1 i think I'll have possesion, but only two def in the middle is risky. You give me idea to modificate your 5-2N-1AMC-2N to 5-2N-2(AML/AMR)-1 with red arrows on DL,DR,AML and AMR, down both flanks/hard tackle/shot passing. What do you think?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazow View Post
    V-style is no longer counter to narrow diamond for 4-3-2-1 i think I'll have possesion, but only two def in the middle is risky. You give me idea to modificate your 5-2N-1AMC-2N to 5-2N-2(AML/AMR)-1 with red arrows on DL,DR,AML and AMR, down both flanks/hard tackle/shot passing. What do you think?
    Sure U like it...hahaha..It is play off cup match..
    Good luck,bro

Problem is i haven't 2 (amc)s

I started 4-2(dmc)-3w-1 in first half end 1-1 but I haved better statistics in second half i change to 3w-2n-2n-2w-1 i score and win.
    Thx guys for help .

V-style, with top notch AMR and AML, the Diamond is toast! Guaranteed.

Oh, I play ND 80% of the time.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

I play V-style or 4-1-3N-2 depending on how I feel - and whether my semi-defensive MCs are suspended XD. Starve ND of the ball in midfield and it withers imo. If you don't then your toast.

Good it went well for you. It is always trial and error. When you lost first encounter and win the return with the same formation for both players, it's just the luck you've got.
    My friend won the return, so he is in the final of the CL now.

The AMC will shoot at your goalie until your GK dies!

OK, beware of nonsense advice for one, beware of jokes inadvertently taken as advice for two.

So you have to stop the Narrow Diamond attack "through the middle", he will kill you with his AMC! The AMC will shoot at your goalie until your GK dies! His 2 STs will just watch and laugh, so you have to place a DMC blued, the middle DCs better be good! (no need for arrows) or you will lose if your DCs suck, doesn't matter the formation, Serious!

V-style 3w/n-5-2 or 4-5-1 are both are good against a ND! depends on the strength of your back row, if you can get away with 3 wide or narrow go with 3, they better be good Ds thou! Out score the ND down the wings, if he scores 1 you will put in 2.

The ND is weak down both wings up arrow your DL/DR(3w/4!), up arrow your AML,AMR! "Down both flanks" smooth support down both sides. Your ST should have a good header that will help a lot!

The V is so effective against my ND, I play a mean V now!

The advice maybe too little too late, good luck on your game.

Peace.
    shakiraa likes this.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast