Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crystynel

Thread: Deciding between 2 and more proper formations

Rookie

Deciding between 2 and more proper formations

Hi there,

I'd like to ask how to decide when you have 2 or more proper formations that have a good chance to counter opposite formation.

Let's have an example:

I am playing a cup against a strong team, his formation : 4-1-3N-2 , I chose 4-4-2 with red arrows on my flanks. The opponent team got a red card in the 23. minute and I scored on 3:1 . I thought that it's over, but he tied 3:3, fortunately , I shot a last goal in 88. min so I won 4:3. So, I was at home , watching the game , he got the red card and I only won by 1 goal.

Next game I am playing out and I can't lose. Because he shot 3 goals out which is a lot.

To counter 4-1-3N-2 there are several more good formations to counter , for example 4-3N-2(AMR,AML)-1

So, the question, how do you decide which formation to use when you are some more options ? What would you do in my case ?

Thanks

Dont bother using 4-3n-2w-1. doesnt work, I lost 3-0 home match!!

Rookie
    please more replies , rather by experienced people

Rookie
    best formation against 4-1-3N-2 is butterfly. 3N-2W-2N-2W-1 . normal, both flanks, mixed passing and counter atttack on

Yesterday I had match against similar quality team that uses 4-1-3n-2. My setup for match: 4-3mc-aml/amr-1, normal ment., mixed passing, own half pressing, zonal marking, red arrows on wings - good counter on paper! HT: opponent lead 0-2 so I changed formation: 3n-2mc-aml-amc-amr-1, attacking ment., full pitch pressing. FT: 2-2
    Deciding between 2 and more proper formations-ym.jpg

If your opponent has way more shoots, change formation, learned that hard way:
    Deciding between 2 and more proper formations-shooting-matters.jpg
    Last edited by t11_fan; 08-19-2014 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Adding screenshot

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    Yesterday I had match against similar quality team that uses 4-1-3n-2. My setup for match: 4-3mc-aml/amr-1, normal ment., mixed passing, own half pressing, zonal marking, red arrows on wings - good counter on paper! HT: opponent lead 0-2 so I changed formation: 3n-2mc-aml-amc-amr-1, attacking ment., full pitch pressing. FT: 2-2
    If your opponent has way more shoots, change formation, learned that hard way:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shooting matters.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	27784
    Bro, The screen shot show result 5-1 n you said the match draw 2-2???

Famous
    Just to encourage you for your little advantage...It works well for me actually.. If u interested in it then we can discuss more...

Sorry, I forgot to mention that picture isn't showing yesterdays match stats, but from my earlyer campaing (2 seasons ago).

Edit: screenshot added on previous post.
    Last edited by t11_fan; 08-19-2014 at 12:53 PM.