Thread: Goalies tactics

Rookie

Goalies tactics

Do you guys ever experience that somewhere in the middle of the season your goalie starting to play BAD, i mean, from 8-9 form going to 5 and 4...what do you do? do you use any arrows on him?

Arrows are hard to explain as it is, so I would never consider putting any on my goalie (for those of you that don't know you can put arrows on goalies, but there is a process and it is does not show up). I would say play some friendlies, and also it depends on how you build up his stats. Have the quality of teams you are playing gone up or down? Goalies ratings are so complicated, so sometimes if you win you can just throw out the goalies rating

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Rookie
    i am currently 2nd in league, came to semi final in LC, but lost. overall team is doing good. not sure why goalie, who is one of the most talented in my squad is ****ing things up for me now

"for those of you that don't know you can put arrows on goalies, but there is a process and it is does not show up"... can you tell me how this works and where can you see you have made some changes on your goalie?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Vasin View Post
    i am currently 2nd in league, came to semi final in LC, but lost. overall team is doing good. not sure why goalie, who is one of the most talented in my squad is ****ing things up for me now
    If your goalie gets a clean sheet and saves 0 shots, his rating will probably be 5. Not because he played terrible, but because he did nothing in the game. This is why it is hard to determine if your goalie is the reason you are losing.

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Eikka Schreiber View Post
    "for those of you that don't know you can put arrows on goalies, but there is a process and it is does not show up"... can you tell me how this works and where can you see you have made some changes on your goalie?
    switch your goalie with any field player on the team. Then put arrows on your goalie, red or blue. Then switch him back to the goalie spot. If you go into the formations tab in the squad screen, it will have a breakdown of 4 formations, and you should be able to see your goalie in the diagram with an arrow. I don't know if it does anything (I doubt it does) but then your goalie will have arrows.

RETIRED

I would imagine better that an arrow pointing forward would set the keeper with the instruction to come out,off his line to close the attacker's zonal space,conversely,the arrow to point the other direction would instruct the keeper to stay closer to his goal line...
    Know which directions a keeper is instructed to follow,before the game squad selection is final,by moving the goalie to an outfield position briefly,to select his directive,and move him then back to the goalkeeper's position,if that would be how you would best desire to position the goalie...

Some keepers are trained against one V one,some not...

Defenders cannot deal with every possible avenue to utter defeat...