Thread: Odd Formation: 3N-2-2W(AM)-3

Odd Formation: 3N-2-2W(AM)-3

This looks like an enormously hard attacking formation: 3 ST backed up with AML and AMR. I'm trying to figure out whether I need to park the team bus in front of the goal.

My first thought is 4-2DMC-MC-AML/AMR-1. This marks the ST and AMs three times each. I was thinking about man marking as well, but he has 5* MCs and I'm worried about them outplaying my midfielders.

With his team having seven guys on my side of the midline, this seems like it ought to be vulnerable to counterattacking as well. I usually don't force counterattacks, but might change my mind this time.

The good news on attacks is that my AMs and ST are better than his defenders. The bad news is that I have a great AMR, a good AMC, and a fairly good AML who's about 90% as good as the AMC. I don't know if I should play the AML, the AMC out of position, or the AMC in position but shifted a little left; any thoughts?

I've got almost twelve hours to game time and I know this is going to be gnawing at me off and on all day. If you've seen anything like this formation, or have some thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

Easily countered with a V formation or butterfly with defensive mentality and counter attack played down the flanks.

butterfly

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

OK, so I'm overthinking it. Thanks.

Next question: since I don't have any DM wingers, is it better to play a 4-5-1 V or a butterfly with my DL/DR pushed forward? I don't have a good feel for how much of a penalty it is to be one slot out of position.

5-3mc-2st