Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By narvan

Thread: Having problem VS 4-1-2w-1-2 Wide Diamond HELP PLZ!

Having problem VS 4-1-2w-1-2 Wide Diamond HELP PLZ!

Hey everyone,

I am pretty new to this game (season 2), but I believe a fast learner. My target for this season is the Treble and not afraid to admit it.
    I am not perfect but I have some common sense and try to find sollution myself before asking for help.

So far, number 1 in my league despite 2 heavy token buyer full scout teams with 16 wins and 1 draw couple of days ago against 2nd team from the end...

I am facing this Wide Diamond formation in a couple of days for the cup semi-final my quality is 28 opponent's only 19.
    Small token buyer so far 45 this season, just enough to be able to get decent players in all positions to be flexible.

I have read all recommendations made regarding countering this formation in the past and I am playing friendly matches with a same lvl buddy with 21 quality to try to emulate the incoming semi-final.. I played 3 games so far with varying systems in each half and taking into considering shots, shots on target, possession without any success 3 losses 2-4, 2-3, 1-3 with less shots on target but posssesion in all encounters. Also so far played only with passing depending on the different systems I tried the rest is normal without offside or counter so results don't have much variance. I tried 3-5-2 flat, 3-5V-2, 4-1-2-1-2 ND, 4-5V-1 without any success..Thinking to try next 3N-1-4-2 or anything else you might have to suggest..
    Please HELP me get closer to the Treble!

Thanks a lot in advance for your time!!

Nobody has to offer any working counters for this season against Wide Diamond?

Getting desperate here and big match is tomorrow..

I can't believe that there can be a formation that cannot be somehow countered.. My next try will be mirroring Wide Diamond and trying to take advantage of my better quality team.. I ll post on the outcome in a couple of hours I can get friendly match reset.

Thanks,

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Hey!

Thanks for feedback but if you check the link you shared there is no counter formation listed for the Wide Diamond 4-1-2w-1-2 ..

I have searched the whole forum for counters that used to work but don't anymore as I have tried them all..

Anyone else?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Check your notifications for a pm.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Managed to finally beat it with mirror and a quite convincing victory score 1-0 but with 26 shots 17 on target vs 11 shots 2 on target. Unfortunately I presume there is no other real counter against this annoying formation. Ill continue my tests and post if I find something better than that or on the final match outcome.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.