Thread: Probably a 1st place decider, formation suggestions?

Probably a 1st place decider, formation suggestions?

Tomorrow I'm playing away against the first team in the league. I'm second, the opponent has 3 points more than me, but I have a better score. It's going to be a great match with many supporters on both sides.

My team:
    Probably a 1st place decider, formation suggestions?-vjk.jpg

Opponent's team:
    Probably a 1st place decider, formation suggestions?-opponent.jpg

My team ↓
    Probably a 1st place decider, formation suggestions?-h2h.jpg

What formation should I use? 4-4-2, or 4-2-2-2 Hex.? And how to set up the orders? Should I go full offensive (Only a win counts) and try the luck? Thanks
    Last edited by Lukáš Ledecký; 10-12-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    I would stick with the 4-4-2 formation but swap your 5* MC for your 6* for that game, you will need your strongest possible team out, if your winning comfortably in your game today then take off some of your best players and rest then so you dont pick up any injuries to key players!. orders.. ATTACKING, DOWN BOTH FLANKS, WHOLE PITCH PRESSING, FORCE COUNTER ATTACKS, PLAY OFFSIDES, MOM MARKING, MIXED PASSING STYLE,...Orders...RED ARROWS ON STs ML,,MCs,MR.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

whole pitch pressing and force counter attacks are contradicting orders, take away force counter attacks but the rest of Skidz orders are fine

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Hey buddy!

Based on opponent's formation I would go for ND 4-1-2-1-2 that would exploit the opponent's lack of DMC. Usually between +-5 points in quality I have only clear wins with 2-3+goals difference . The fact you have a DMC would also help neutralise any red arrows on his MC's.

Unfortunately I see you don't have any AMC to play with and unless you can use A. Pirlo who i guess is injured and will play out of position this formation does not suit you. Your best bet would be 4-5-1 V style utilizing your strong wings and trying to play in a way that you would keep lead in shots on target at all times making all necessary changes and having back up plan ready.This means I would start with 4-5-1V but I would keep an eye on stats and be ready to make changes during the match like adding extra ST and change the DMC or AMC instead of DMC or both by taking out another mid.

Strategy-wise you need to win no matter what so It would be smart to take your opponent by surprise and start with Attacking, down both flanks, counter on, rest default and be ready to change that to Heavy Attacking if a goal is not scored by 30th minute by adding heavy tackle and whole pitch press and cancelling counter if that does not produce any results. If at any point your opponent scores auto heavy attacking etc etc. extra striker inside and don't be scared in the last minutes to take out even a DC if necessary and play 3W with DMC blue arrow if you see he has action from the center and you don't want to remove him. If and hopefully games goes as planned and you score first autochange mentality to normal and I wouldn't recommend defensive or heavy with only 1 goal difference. Always keeping eye on stats and making adjustments as necessary..

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by narvan View Post
    Hey buddy!

Based on opponent's formation I would go for ND 4-1-2-1-2 that would exploit the opponent's lack of DMC....
    Thanks for a detailed answer. The problem is that I don't have a DMC and AMC, so I can't play 4-5-1 V-Style neither. My wingers and 2 strikers are really good, so they have to play. If the match wouldn't go well, I think I really could try a formation with 3 DCs, but which one should I try? 3N-5-2, 3N-2-2-3 hex. or 3N-4-3?

In 1 hour I'll arrange a friendly with him, let's see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Lukáš Ledecký;ML-MC4
    Tomorrow I'm playing away against the first team in the league. I'm second, the opponent has 3 points more than
    me, but I have a better score. It's going to be a great match with many supporters on both sides.

My team:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vjk.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	31009

Opponent's team:

Name:	opponent.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	31010

My team ↓

Name:	h2h.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	31011

What formation should I use? 4-4-2, or 4-2-2-2 Hex.? And how to set up the orders? Should I go full offensive (Only a win counts) and try the luck? Thanks
    What about using this modified 4-4-2
    ST-ST

ML-MC-MC-MC

DC-DC-DC-DR
    Mixed,Normal mentality,Own half,mixed passing,forced counters,zonal marking.

Probably a 1st place decider, formation suggestions?-friendly.jpg

Players had full morale and min. 95% condition. Played 4-4-2, red arrows on STs, MCs and wingers, attacking, both flanks, whole pitch, hard tackling (my default), mixed passing, man to man marking, without counter-attacks, at around 65th minute I changed it to hard attacking, zonal marking, forced counter-attacks. Should I take it as players just had a bad match? (None of my players had rating 8.)

if you have the players i think a 3n-2w-2n-1-2 would be a better counter for that formation. Also with a formation that is that attacking it can have counter attacks used against to great effect, so be careful with red arrows on all those players.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought