Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Post result or don't get help

Post result or don't get help

So it's a small complaint that I have.

I like helping out people with formation problems or opponent counter formation. For me it's like a challenge to see if I can come up with a good counter off the top of my head. I have helped quite a lot of people here. But lately, people have just been happy to just ask for help and then not post anything afterwards (if they tried the advised formation, how did they do, win or loss and even maybe just a thank you despite the result). If you post aftermatch results, it's a great way to help everyone improve on their game knowledge and formation creation. Also, it becomes easier to know which formation is better against which one.

So now, if in the next threads I don't see any feedback from my help. I'll basically stop helping, because it's one thing to help but it's an other to give back.

I urge all other posters that are used to help people on this forum to do the same.

First read, then ask!

You are right, but their main problem is that they don't read anything after they create forum account. They go straigt to create new thread and usually ask some noob question. On (rough) 3/4 threads there is already answer on forum. I mean there are answers on all basic questions and a lot of "advanced" questions. Their fault is that they don't read even basics before asking.
    For example try google "top eleven how to counter 442"; how much result will you get? Enough, too much i'd say, but they don't read, they ask again. People, 1st read, then ask!
    There is enough (pity it was even more) tutorials, guides and other threads for newbies to learn a lot through them.
    Forum should have official signature: "First read, then ask!"

both of you are right ... tho from mine point is quite hard to go through all the posts on forum when every person type formation in different way .....( i mean 3223 , 3.2.2.3 , 3-2-2-3 whatever ) so search forum not working much ... and all is about going through posts manually open post check if its about your formation return check another post and so on .... so its a lot easier to start just new topic for most people

offcourse on how to counter "basic" formation its all about laziness i think ... because they can get answer straight in first post ( Table of Counter Formations v2.0)
    Cat Harrison likes this.

I've given only example, there is plenty of other questions. Yes, forum search is not that good. Google search works better combined with "site:forum.topeleven.com" added in search.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

I agree with El Duderino & T11_fan, there is nothing worse than to give advise and get no thanks in return, even if you lose with the given advise, come back and say something so other members know for the future.. I mean some of the advise given isn't a 100% proven and we do it on the knowledge of the game & to help the next person.

@T11_fan, totally agree with you, GOOGLE!!! lol it is simple, if you feel the table of counter formations doesn't work then GOOGLE!! When it comes to the game, google has become my best friend I don't think there is a need to post new threads.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

Dreamer
    100% Agree !! Specially the feedback part, I always wonder what happened at the match if some1 used my advice ...
    or when I search for formation threads, alot of formations to counter 1 formation but there is no feedback so we don't know if it worked or not.
    Cat Harrison and t11_fan like this.
    Server 52

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    You are right, but their main problem is that they don't read anything after they create forum account. They go straigt to create new thread and usually ask some noob question. On (rough) 3/4 threads there is already answer on forum. I mean there are answers on all basic questions and a lot of "advanced" questions. Their fault is that they don't read even basics before asking.
    For example try google "top eleven how to counter 442"; how much result will you get? Enough, too much i'd say, but they don't read, they ask again. People, 1st read, then ask!
    There is enough (pity it was even more) tutorials, guides and other threads for newbies to learn a lot through them.
    Forum should have official signature: "First read, then ask!"
    I don't even mind that they ask 10 times for the same formation. There are so many threads here that disappear within a day or two, it's hard to keep them on the first page.
    Just as long as they post the result, that way we know if it works and it helps us break down the game's weird mechanics.
    Kylos and Cat Harrison like this.

Again, there is still google search which for me is very useful.
    Kylos likes this.

Tbh, this is something you should think and decide for yourself rather than write and encourage some form of boycott.

People should give feedback but what's this going to lead to - a blacklist?

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I think he is trying to encourage people to reply with the result, rather than a boycott.

I have mentioned more than once it would be great to use standard terminology in the title to facilitate easier searches, but I'm spitting into the wind there. The other problem with search (and use single content search, I do all the time) on here is many words get excluded for being too common. I bet google would be better with formations searches.

But coming back on to let everybody know the result would be really helpful!
    Kylos and El Duderino like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast