Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 4-5-1 V style is not going so well

Quote Originally Posted by Sherifon View Post
    I play 4-5-1 V style for 6 seasons now !! it started to be like **** since last season !! yeah I lost my first league because of troll results with 4-5-1V !!
    And one problem which is bigger than formation itself is that we buy player according to some formation. Now what, for beginning I could change it to butterfly but I'm not fan of weak central mildfield (1 or 2 players in the middle). Don't know what to do...

Attachment 31858

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Have you kept your team updated!, have you tried changing formation in match play?
    im going to try changing formations, but my team is built to play 4-5-1 v style so it sucks that is not working for me

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

My observation is that the weakness this season is the sole striker is not enough. That is why 4-3-3 is so much better this season the three strikers are making a big difference. I also don't like weak central formations, and I think at least 2 MCs is still a must. That is why I am working with 4-4-2 as my base formation now. I am lucky I have two flexible wingers (ML/AML and MR/AMR) I can go from 4-4-2 to 4-2-2w-2 in a snap.

So far my ML/AML is the superstar this season! Ah well. They keep us guessing!!

Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    im going to try changing formations, but my team is built to play 4-5-1 v style so it sucks that is not working for me
    You could try 4-1-4-1 with what you have if you haven't already.

Only thing I can add is just a personal observation of my V-style last season when it stopped functioning. Whether its all in my head or not, I found an MC who seemed to lower the performance of his neighbouring players even when he played well - I sold him and tried another - his performance didn't set the heather on fire but my wingers saw more of the ball.

My team is built to play V-style but it doesn't all the time and even when it does it can be Normal, Defending or Hard Defending with various other order changes so its hard for me to comment on changes to a formation when I don't play it consistently one way.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 10-26-2014 at 09:15 AM.

I've noticed... since i've lost 2:3 home match against much weaker opponent (lol)
    4-5-1 has a weakspot playing against 3MC. No matter of possession stats, the opponent seams to have around the same chances as me. First game i won 0:4, but i guess it was just the odds, cause i had 4 more saves and 2 on goal shots than him. I've noticed the same in league matches... If player have 3MC (5-3-2 flat, 4-1-3-2) he will have much more chances than you.

So please post if you can prove this or not

Dreamer
    5-3-2 kicked my butt !!!!!!!! LOST 4-1 against a 4star player, and my players are all 6 stars lol ..
    Server 52

Just to follow up: on the other thread I talked about my problems with the 4-5-1 V against my server's new hotness, the 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond. I'd had some success with a 3N-DMC-3N-2W-1 formation, man marking with my defending X sitting on his attacking X. It's a minimal change from the V, since I just have to move one defensive winger into the middle and swap the other one for an MC.

I lost to a ND 2-1 yesterday, but I can't tell if it's because of the formation or just because my guys had a crappy day. I had a rash of 6's and one MC had a 4, and it seems like I had a lot of "just past the post" messages. So I'm going to keep trying it. I'd be glad to hear from anyone else who's having any luck modifying the V.

It feels almost like if you have a sole striker, you are losing all the time. Try 3-1-2-2w-2. It is a form of V but with two strikers.
    As for me, I am sticking with 4-4-2 as much as possible this season. I have a great DMC who is in full power training now for next season if the V comes back. I will try the 3-1-2-2w-2 and see what happens. but the next formation that I am playing after 4-4-2 is 4-1-3w-2. I will let you know how that goes. ALWAY KEEP TWO STRIKERS AT LEAST.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan Barrage View Post
    It feels almost like if you have a sole striker, you are losing all the time....ALWAY KEEP TWO STRIKERS AT LEAST.
    That was dumb move from creators, do they watch real football at all? A lot of teams are playing effectively with 1ST, a lot of them use 451V. I don't understand why this once very good formation is now complete crap.

Play 3n-1-2-2w-2 v style

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast