Thread: 4-2-3-1 good or bad?

4-2-3-1 good or bad?

Hi guys. Is 4-2-3-1 a nice top eleven tactic? i saw the most people using 2 strikers wich seemed very weird to me. untill today i did very well with my formation but then i lost 0:4(!) against someone who used 2 attackers and NO(!) wingers. its very unrealistic not to score against someone who doesnt even use wingers in his midfield. well i play now for 10 days and i have the feeling that top eleven is kinda unrealistic so i need your help. thx in forward.

edit: because my next opponent used the same tactic than the one who killed me 4:0

-------ST---ST-------
    -----------------------
    -----MC--MC--MC----
    ---------DMC---------
    DL---DC----DC---DR

i changed my formation from 4-2-3-1:

----------ST----------
    AML-----AMC-----AMR
    -----MC-------MC-----
    ------------------------
    DL---DC-----DC---DR

to 4-3-2-1:

----------ST----------
    AML--------------AMR
    ------MC-----MC------
    ----------DMC---------
    DL----DC----DC----DR
    Last edited by samupro97; 10-29-2014 at 07:03 AM.

You have done wrong. Your new formation is called 451V. That used to be one of most used formation, very good, now it is crap. Better use 4231. After recent changes in game system no one knows anymore what is good and what not, because some changes doesn't make sense at all...

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    You have done wrong. Your new formation is called 451V. That used to be one of most used formation, very good, now it is crap. Better use 4231. After recent changes in game system no one knows anymore what is good and what not, because some changes doesn't make sense at all...
    well i have to say that i am in league 1 so im playing only against robots. i dont think they ever changed their formation untill now.

Robot teams don't change formation.
    Read some tutorials and guides about game, it should help you

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    Robot teams don't change formation.
    Read some tutorials and guides about game, it should help you
    thats what i actually meant. if they dont change their formation they dont try to counter my formation.

i decided to counter the 4-4-2 (4-1-3-2 /strong midfield) with a 4-5-1 (4-3-2-1 strong midfield (not the 4-5-1V)). its not that i didnt had any chances with my first formation (had 70% posession and 14 shots and my opponent had 30% and 17 shots) but i lost 0:4.but but you are right. i need to read some tutos and stuff. my opponent scored 0:2-0:4 in 6 minutes. so questions come up like what exactly infuelnces a game. can a team be shocked? etc. well actiually i am in need of a stronger defence so if the 4-3-2-1 is not working i will either use a 4-4-2 or a 5-4-1.