Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What is the most offensive formation?

Rookie

What is the most offensive formation?

I am looking for the most offensive formation that puts your players in the best position for goal scoring opportunity. Like if you are going against a team that is a lesser talent, and you want to destroy them, not just win?

Are there any formations that have proven to be highly productive offensively?

Thoughts?

Apprentice
    yes , my formation 4 (dl.dc.dc.dr) 3 (mc.mc.mc) 3 (st.st.st)

there is no more offensive formation than this..
    efc123 likes this.

Yeah, classic 4-3-3 is pretty much as offensive as it gets...
    "Human relationships didn't work anyhow. Only the first two weeks had any zing, then the participants lost their interest. Masks dropped away and real people began to appear: cranks, imbeciles, the demented, the vengeful, sadists, killers. Modern society had created its own kind and they feasted on each other. It was a duel to the death...in a cesspool."

Isn't it obvious?

Or with 1 CM and an extra F or AM

Rookie
    Thanks, I will have to give the 4-3-3 a try. What are your tactics typically when you play that formation? Are you normal, or defensive. blue arrows, red arrows?

Any formation that you put Attacking-Whole Pitch-Counter Attack then hope that the game engine doesnt screw you.
    Chatski likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Apprentice
    I would still advice to go against a much weaker opponent using a counter formation, defensive at first to gain all possession, and later if possession is good can change to attack/hard attacking.

The way this game works, i believe, in my past 15 seasons, no matter how strong a formation can get, even an attacking formation, there is a counter. And you don't want a weaker team to win you on counter, e.g.: 4-1-4-1 will usually destroy 4-3N-3 (from my records).

Another note, defensive doesn't mean your team doesn't attack at all. Against weaker teams, you can gain a lot more possession, and I have won > 10:0 against weaker teams using defensive mentality, in the previous seasons.
    Last edited by Castreal; 11-19-2014 at 02:37 AM. Reason: spelling mistake :)
    Kylos and Cat Harrison like this.
    Season 19

League Winner - Levels 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,15,16,17,18
    Champions League Winner - Levels 2,3,5,6,10,13,15,17,18
    Cup Winner - Level 3,5,16
    Cup Quarter Finals - Levels 1,2

I have used Hard Defending with 4-5-1V and it backfired in my face for some reason I didn't lose but the game was 4-0 and ended 4-2..
    "Human relationships didn't work anyhow. Only the first two weeks had any zing, then the participants lost their interest. Masks dropped away and real people began to appear: cranks, imbeciles, the demented, the vengeful, sadists, killers. Modern society had created its own kind and they feasted on each other. It was a duel to the death...in a cesspool."

What do you mean? I use Attacking formation with counter attack, but usualy it's only my own pitch. What is the glytch here??

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKu View Post
    I have used Hard Defending with 4-5-1V and it backfired in my face for some reason I didn't lose but the game was 4-0 and ended 4-2..
    Defending and Hard Defending, there is a difference there... I have never used Hard defending in the past 15 seasons. Else just use normal mentality.
    Season 19

League Winner - Levels 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,15,16,17,18
    Champions League Winner - Levels 2,3,5,6,10,13,15,17,18
    Cup Winner - Level 3,5,16
    Cup Quarter Finals - Levels 1,2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast