Thread: Pretty weird (illegal) formation

Pretty weird (illegal) formation

Hello guys, i try to post again this thread, since the one I wrote this morning ha disappeared.
    tonight, in a World Cup match, i'm facing an opponent with a very weird formation, that is somenthing like 2-2-2-2-2, lined up in this way:

GK
    DC DC
    DMR DML
    MC MC
    AMR AML
    ST ST

According to rules it should be an illegal formation, but watching the stats of all his previous matches, he never had the 20% ball possession (heard somewhere that in this new season illegal formations are off, is it true??).
    I have a quite variuous team, covering almost all roles, except from DMR and i usually play with 4-4-2 classic (often switched to 4-2-2-2 hexagon); 3-1-4-2 or 3-4-1-2.
    Overall team level is 49,9 (me) against 48,4 (him).
    some suggestions on how to play this game ??
    thank you in advance

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Coderoni View Post
    Hello guys, i try to post again this thread, since the one I wrote this morning ha disappeared.
    tonight, in a World Cup match, i'm facing an opponent with a very weird formation, that is somenthing like 2-2-2-2-2, lined up in this way:

GK
    DC DC
    DMR DML
    MC MC
    AMR AML
    ST ST

According to rules it should be an illegal formation, but watching the stats of all his previous matches, he never had the 20% ball possession (heard somewhere that in this new season illegal formations are off, is it true??).
    I have a quite variuous team, covering almost all roles, except from DMR and i usually play with 4-4-2 classic (often switched to 4-2-2-2 hexagon); 3-1-4-2 or 3-4-1-2.
    Overall team level is 49,9 (me) against 48,4 (him).
    some suggestions on how to play this game ??
    thank you in advance
    Just consider it as butterfly...then ur choice will be 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 flat normal or attacking/down both flanks/hard tackle/long passing/no offside/no counter/red arrows on ML/MR

thank you for your answer, but....too late (not your fault, my thread was posted far later).
    I played with a weird formation as well, a 3W-2 (DMC)-2W (ML, MR) 1 (AMC) - 1, and, according to the stats, it wasn't such a bad choiche: i got 61% ball possession (and was playing away) 23 shots (vs 15), 6 on goal, 6 corners and 4 free kicks....but lost 2-0 !!!

Pretty weird (illegal) formation-stats.jpg

just bad luck ?? we'll see on the second leg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pretty weird (illegal) formation-stats.jpg  

Rookie
    ive just lost to poor team with no right sided player and he had 41% id like to know if the illegal formation rule has gone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cuffe View Post
    ive just lost to poor team with no right sided player and he had 41% id like to know if the illegal formation rule has gone ?
    Its been gone a while. Nordeus have yet to confirm if they have checked down the sofa.