Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Weird Formation, never seen before.

Rookie

Weird Formation, never seen before.

Hey Managers,

I am playing in a league match with the team that is currently in top spot. He has a really weird formation that I have never seen here before and I cannot make much sense of it. It looks like others, with some variables switched.

Have a look:

It is like a 4-1-2-1-2, but the DMC and MC are switched. Do any of you wise managers know how to play against it?

Thanks a lot.

Stumptown Footy Manager

3dc-dmc-4-amc-st, mixed passing through flanks, zonal marking, red arrows on ml and mr. Mentality depends on quallity of your team, I would suggest normal..

Famous
    simply 4-4-2 classic or 4-5-1V..

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Dang View Post
    simply 4-4-2 classic or 4-5-1V..
    NEVER use 442 against formation with AMC!
    Btw. He doesn't need fullbacks since that formation lacks wingers in mildfield, why should he play then with 4 in defence?
    I use various 352/361 against 4N formations (4 defenders, narrow mildfield). I found them more effective than 451V against 4N
    Ex top eleven player

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    NEVER use 442 against formation with AMC!
    Btw. He doesn't need fullbacks since that formation lacks wingers in mildfield, why should he play then with 4 in defence?
    I use various 352/361 against 4N formations (4 defenders, narrow mildfield). I found them more effective than 451V against 4N
    My fren, U should say: "In my opinion" instead of "NEVER" with capital letters... U dont even know how's the settings of your opponents..so "never say never"..Nice nite...
    Example:

Weird Formation, never seen before.-1.jpg
    Weird Formation, never seen before.-2.gif
    Weird Formation, never seen before.-3.gif
    Last edited by Brian Dang; 11-27-2014 at 02:38 PM.

I would play 3n-5-2V
    Brian Dang and Chris Rath like this.
    13 seasons

League: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ,9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    CL: 2, 3, 4, 6, 11, 14 (also 2 lost finals and 3 semi-finals)
    Cup: 1, 4, 8 (also 1 lost final and 1 semi-final)

FORZA JUVE!

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzani View Post
    I would play 3n-5-2V
    I also succeed to beat it with 3n-3n-2w(AML/AMR)-2 last year semi final CL but not all the time use that formation..

Apprentice
    just attack flanks and goals come

@Brian Dang that is not only mine experience, but experience of other members too, it is unwritten rule (against equall Q teams)
    Of course, if you are playing against bots, you can win even with 442 against 451V.
    I'm talking about equal/similar Q teams. That is why for example 442ND usually destroys 442C (lack of dmc to counter amc)

Psychologist Bruce Tuckman first came up with the memorable phrase "forming, storming, norming, and performing" in his 1965 article, "Developmental Sequence in Small Groups." He used it to describe the path that most teams follow on their way to high performance. Later, he added a fifth stage, "adjourning" (which is sometimes known as "mourning").

Let's look at each stage in more detail.
    Forming

In this stage, most team members are positive and polite. Some are anxious, as they haven't fully understood what work the team will do. Others are simply excited about the task ahead.

As leader, you play a dominant role at this stage, because team members' roles and responsibilities aren't clear.

This stage can last for some time, as people start to work together, and as they make an effort to get to know their new colleagues.
    Storming

Next, the team moves into the storming phase, where people start to push against the boundaries established in the forming stage. This is the stage where many teams fail.

Storming often starts where there is a conflict between team members' natural working styles. People may work in different ways for all sorts of reasons, but if differing working styles cause unforeseen problems, they may become frustrated.

Storming can also happen in other situations. For example, team members may challenge your authority, or jockey for position as their roles are clarified. Or, if you haven't defined clearly how the team will work, people may feel overwhelmed by their workload, or they could be uncomfortable with the approach you're using.

Some may question the worth of the team's goal, and they may resist taking on tasks.

Team members who stick with the task at hand may experience stress, particularly as they don't have the support of established processes, or strong relationships with their colleagues.
    Norming

Gradually, the team moves into the norming stage. This is when people start to resolve their differences, appreciate colleagues' strengths, and respect your authority as a leader.

Now that your team members know one-another better, they may socialize together, and they are able to ask each other for help and provide constructive feedback. People develop a stronger commitment to the team goal, and you start to see good progress towards it.

There is often a prolonged overlap between storming and norming, because, as new tasks come up, the team may lapse back into behavior from the storming stage.
    Performing

The team reaches the performing stage when hard work leads, without friction, to the achievement of the team's goal. The structures and processes that you have set up support this well.

As leader, you can delegate much of your work, and you can concentrate on developing team members.

It feels easy to be part of the team at this stage, and people who join or leave won't disrupt performance.
    Adjourning

Many teams will reach this stage eventually. For example, project teams exist for only a fixed period, and even permanent teams may be disbanded through organizational restructuring.

Team members who like routine, or who have developed close working relationships with other team members, may find this stage difficult, particularly if their future now looks uncertain.
    Chris Rath and Panzani like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast