Thread: Questions about formations (realy complicated)

Questions about formations (realy complicated)

Hello again.
    now it will get a little complex.
    (sry for my bad english and you don't need to answer everything. if you know the answer to just one point of my questions, so tell only that one )

I am still confused about this topic. how can i counter the enemy. what's the right and which player needs a blue or red arrow. what are that arrows for.

f.e.
    my enemy next game plays: i've read this should be a counterposibility:

5 - 0 - 2 - 1 - 2 (x) 4 - 2 - 2 - 2

is that 4 - 0 - 2 - 2 -2 or 4 - 2 - 0 - 2 - 2 or 4 - 2 - 2 -0 -2

i guess the enemy will play defensive and counterplay through mid with that formation.

((((((((should i play aggressive, pressure the whole pitch and force offside? should i mark or defence area? or better also play defensive and counter him? is offensive mentality always short range passes and pressure whole pitch and defensive always pressure own pitch and long range? can i always use counterattack with defensive mentality and force offside with offensive mentality? and what the hell are that arrows for : D))))))))))

that's what i ask myself.
    i've read justdomes guide about it. but i still didn't get it. and i want to understand it and not rely on tables. so i will now number my questions and you may answer one or two of them:

1. what does a arrow mean? (red arrow = players goes forward/ stays forward even if your team has to defend and blue arrow = your player stays behind, even if your team attacks? (that's what i thought).

2. man on man marking: do i have to put my player exactly on the enemys player position?
    f.e. example: enemy 3 strikers and i play 3 defenders with 2 wingers. do the wingers mark the outer strikers?
    - and what happens if the enemy has 3 strikers (no AMC'S) and i play 5 defenders. what does the 2 defenders do they have no enemy.

3. offensive mentality always = short passes, pressure whole pitch and offside trap?
    defensive mentality always = long passes, pressure own half of the pitch and force counterattack?

now the complicated things

4. if i want to play offensive, where should i place my players? try to occupy all enemy defenders / defensive midfielders so my strikers have higher chances to have a situation when they are unmarked? and don't spend time to think about the enemys offensive?

5. if i want to play defensive, try to zonal mark enemys offensive players and midfielders with as many of my own players as possible and than just play long ranged passes?

6. what happens if you play vs an offensive team with your own offensive mentality team?

7. what happens if both teams chose a defensive mentality (i guess it often results in 0-0 goals or will the stronger team pressure more and the weaker team will get it's benefit and can use his "forced counter"- strategy.

8. what happens if you put your formation defensive (5-4-1) and chose mentality offensive. could this be useful in some situations?

9. what happens if you put your formation offensive (3w-0-1-3w-3 just an example, i don't know if that formation is useful at all) and than you put your mentality defensive. could this work sometimes?

10. if i got a realy realy strong team and i am one or even 2 stars ahead. do i have to think about formation or can i just put my players all offensive (3 - 0 - 1 - 3 - 3) pressure the whole pitch and than i should win for sure cause i got the stronger team?

thank you for reading this. maybe you can help me to understand how to put my formation.
    best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGoth View Post
    Hello again.
    now it will get a little complex.
    (sry for my bad english and you don't need to answer everything. if you know the answer to just one point of my questions, so tell only that one )

I am still confused about this topic. how can i counter the enemy. what's the right and which player needs a blue or red arrow. what are that arrows for.

f.e.
    my enemy next game plays: i've read this should be a counterposibility:

5 - 0 - 2 - 1 - 2 (x) 4 - 2 - 2 - 2

is that 4 - 0 - 2 - 2 -2 or 4 - 2 - 0 - 2 - 2 or 4 - 2 - 2 -0 -2

i guess the enemy will play defensive and counterplay through mid with that formation.

((((((((should i play aggressive, pressure the whole pitch and force offside? should i mark or defence area? or better also play defensive and counter him? is offensive mentality always short range passes and pressure whole pitch and defensive always pressure own pitch and long range? can i always use counterattack with defensive mentality and force offside with offensive mentality? and what the hell are that arrows for : D))))))))))

that's what i ask myself.
    i've read justdomes guide about it. but i still didn't get it. and i want to understand it and not rely on tables. so i will now number my questions and you may answer one or two of them:

1. what does a arrow mean? (red arrow = players goes forward/ stays forward even if your team has to defend and blue arrow = your player stays behind, even if your team attacks? (that's what i thought).

2. man on man marking: do i have to put my player exactly on the enemys player position?
    f.e. example: enemy 3 strikers and i play 3 defenders with 2 wingers. do the wingers mark the outer strikers?
    - and what happens if the enemy has 3 strikers (no AMC'S) and i play 5 defenders. what does the 2 defenders do they have no enemy.

3. offensive mentality always = short passes, pressure whole pitch and offside trap?
    defensive mentality always = long passes, pressure own half of the pitch and force counterattack?

now the complicated things

4. if i want to play offensive, where should i place my players? try to occupy all enemy defenders / defensive midfielders so my strikers have higher chances to have a situation when they are unmarked? and don't spend time to think about the enemys offensive?

5. if i want to play defensive, try to zonal mark enemys offensive players and midfielders with as many of my own players as possible and than just play long ranged passes?

6. what happens if you play vs an offensive team with your own offensive mentality team?

7. what happens if both teams chose a defensive mentality (i guess it often results in 0-0 goals or will the stronger team pressure more and the weaker team will get it's benefit and can use his "forced counter"- strategy.

8. what happens if you put your formation defensive (5-4-1) and chose mentality offensive. could this be useful in some situations?

9. what happens if you put your formation offensive (3w-0-1-3w-3 just an example, i don't know if that formation is useful at all) and than you put your mentality defensive. could this work sometimes?

10. if i got a realy realy strong team and i am one or even 2 stars ahead. do i have to think about formation or can i just put my players all offensive (3 - 0 - 1 - 3 - 3) pressure the whole pitch and than i should win for sure cause i got the stronger team?

thank you for reading this. maybe you can help me to understand how to put my formation.
    best regards.
    You should beat him...But dont play offensive,play normal...

i already won that game. instead of thinking about formation i just put my best 11 players on the pitch and i played 33 quality vs 20 quality and just stomped him with 4 - 3w - 3. result: 0:3 win. i guess my formation wasn't the best. because i only got 3 goals. both teams performed with 7 - 8.
    problem now is: i have to waste boosters for slow-train players or i have to use boosters on fast train players and have to fill my team with weak players for the next match. i've decided to play that (i won my 1st match 2:0 and now i play at home. very defensive and force counter. even if i play 0:0 i get to the next round.

Questions about formations (realy complicated)-capture_20141129_165021.jpg
    vs
    Questions about formations (realy complicated)-capture_20141129_165321.jpg

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Your questions are very logic but need very long answers. Things are little complicated.
    I also have a very good team - all 5* players at least. In first 2-3 seasons always played 4-4-2 attack and everything ok (except Cup final 4), having doubles in a row. Then I 've started studying formations in deep.
    Well, the game have some dif. logic than real football and you must be familiar with that.
    for example, a 4-5* team can win a 5-6* team with the proper formation. Loosing from 1* less q team isn't troll result.
    Defending has as dif. meaning. When I played a game with 4-5-1 V, def, counter attack,flanks, not only I had more attacks (shots) but I dominate the match with 0-7 (out).
    You must study a lot, keep records - make your own guide in a .word with tips you 'll find here and there, search the section "Formations" and Guides a lot.
    This thread, "deeper approach" is good for the beginning. Take it step by step.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 11-29-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

thank you

fast trainers give the added value in your team. Use red boosters to your fast trainers to fix the injuries asap.
    Don't give greens to slower trainers, only if you want em to be ready before a match. Give them training if they are full and you have time before a match.
    Don't train the players after a match. Wait at least 1 rest period (3h). Green boosters is "fake". The players are still tired.

i am pritty sure: red packs are wasted if you just use em to get your fasttrainers on the pitch again. 5 redpacks give you 40% condition if you use it right after serverrestart. compared to 5 greens it's realy low. it only pays out if your player is injured for 7 days or more. i save my red packs for important games. and if my fasttrainers get injured i just give them a rest an if they are healthy again, i spend some greens to make him catch up again.

What do you mean by fast trainers?

What do you mean by fast trainers?
    young players who have the ability to grow faster than the others.
    It's a big subject. If you 're interest, set the key words : "fast trainer", "power training" , "nordgens" in search button - upper right or read the guide I have in my signature. If you have questions, post there. I 'll answer.