Thread: my next opponent counters me with my own formation :D

my next opponent counters me with my own formation :D

Hi guys i have a problem. My next opponents team is like 1 star stronger than mine but untill now i always was able to win or draw against him (already my 2nd season in a league with him). Now he uses the same formation as i do and i dont think he did that without thinking to counter me like this because this formations is probably one of the rarest not illegal formations i saw on top 11 (in my levels). I use to call it 4-4-2 Y-Style.
    my next opponent counters me with my own formation :D-lol.jpg
    Now my question is if anyone has a good idea how to counter this. i looked up for the formations against the opponents wich deafeted me already but they didnt match well to my squad wich you can see here.
    my next opponent counters me with my own formation :D-lolol.jpg
    So if you have any suggestions how to counter this formation would be nice if you could help me.
    After that match i have a cup qf to play against another opponent wich has a bit stronger team than i have. in the first match i drew him with my 4-4-2 Y-Style (1:1 away) but i since i do nearly never go for less than 1 goal against me (most games end like 3:2 for me or the opponent) i will have to go for a win. so if you have any suggestions how to counter the formation wich you can see in the following picture it would be nice too if you could help me.
    my next opponent counters me with my own formation :D-lolo.jpg

yo i think i just found the best tactics ever 4-3-3 its amazing i had beat all my friends and in cop its just tottally domiantion but i dont think i have to share here beacause does;nt make sens than//

Quote Originally Posted by Besmir Rossoneri View Post
    yo i think i just found the best tactics ever 4-3-3 its amazing i had beat all my friends and in cop its just tottally domiantion but i dont think i have to share here beacause does;nt make sens than//
    i rly like 4-3-3 as a real life formation but in top its not the 4-3-3 i like to play. i dont like to play without wingers (aml/r) but thx

Famous
    Against the 4-4-2 Y, I'd go with a 4-3w-3. Attacking/down the flanks/whole pitch/hard tackling/short passing - no counter, no offsides.

Basically its similar to the mirror but your switching out the DMC for that 3rd striker, which gives you an extra attacking player relative to him. Plus, with the attack going through the flanks, the DMC won't have much to do...

For the 3w-2n-2w-2n-1, I'd probably also use a 4-3w-3. something like a 3w-2n-2w-3 or 3w-4-3 might work to.

I'd also try to make sure condition is maxed (if possible) and all players have superb morale. From personal experience, I feel like this is very important and can offset a quality gap.

Good luck!!!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 01-01-2015 at 07:50 PM.