Thread: 4-1-4-1 and 4-4-2? Plz help me

4-1-4-1 and 4-4-2? Plz help me

I can play with both of these formations
    When should I play with 4-1-4-1 and when should I play with 4-4-2?
    What is the best tactics for them?

Rookie
    Personally I like using , 4-1-4-1 when I am playing in a more defensive posture, for example better opponent,or when playing Champions league and Cup matches and I don't want to concede goals, *mostly use this playing at home. This to make sure that if my opponent scores it will be mininmal.

I use 4-4-2 , when I feel either dominant, or want to put pressure on my opponent. Usually use this on weaker opponents, or opponents with same level, but when it doesnt matter if he scores, and I expect to score more than he does.

For the rest, strategy depends a lot on your own ideology on how you like to manage and play.
    Many managers have their own style, and preference. Some like to play aggressive, and full attack, others like to play more defensive .

I would suggest using friendlies to try out various styles and strategies. to see which suit your playing style and your team.
    Thats what I did, It helped me getting a better understanding how it works compared to opponents.

I could tell you what I do, but in all honesty , personally I think you are better off, testing with practise matches.

I have friends in higher and lower leagues, so I challenge them from time to time, to fine tune my team, and also helps gaining skill points (for example for my low level players and players out of my youth center..)

Hope this helps, Goodluck mate